Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Went to gay brother's Christmas party

Went to gay brother's Christmas party (Page 4)
deekay1
Mac Elite
Dec 24, 2002, 09:22 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
I constantly? Why is... [/B]

not only a river in egypt.

hedonist, anarchist, agnostic, mac enthusiast and a strong believer in evolution and the yellow m&m conspiracy

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 24, 2002, 09:25 AM

Oh boy deekay, you sure proved me wrong. I really like all the points you made. Very interesting. That map pic sure proves you know what you are talking about, and that your not just ranting incoherently.

GRAFF
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 24, 2002, 09:32 AM

Originally posted by deekay1:

LOL.
(No, the big Z. doesn't get it - never will. Don't hurt your head pounding it on a brick wall.)

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 24, 2002, 01:30 PM

Originally posted by GRAFF:

LOL.
(No, the big Z. doesn't get it - never will. Don't hurt your head pounding it on a brick wall.)
What don't I get, please explain it to me.

I will be waiting.

Ozmodiar
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 03:17 AM

xi, that's cool that you support your brother. sorry your wife doesn't agree with your views, but maybe some day she'll come around. but as long as she isn't trying to force you to dislike homosexuality, i wouldn't try and force her to agree with it.

as for the res of this thread:

elzinat
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 03:02 PM

Originally posted by dfiler:
I make me eat. Throughout the course of a day, my body consumes the nutrients and liquid used to maintain my normal body chemistry. This and a variety of other inputs triggers a thought process from which I conclude that food is what I desire.
bah! your induction is a priori not rational in the least.
As another long-time, full-blown athiest I had to chime in
atheism requires a damn lot of faith.
Someone email me when we reach a consensus about if religious people and culture are better or worse than scientific people and culture.
your science is a religion. stop kidding yourself.

elzinat
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 03:10 PM

What don't I get, please explain it to me.

I will be waiting.
let me put it in as simple terms as i can: you are so stupid that you are unable to grasp the magnitude of your stupidity.

if this post believes itself, then it inherently cannot serve a purpose. wherefore, then, does it exist?

elzinat
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 03:11 PM

Don't hurt your head pounding it on a brick wall.)
but it feels so good when the pain goes away...

elzinat
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 03:14 PM

Originally posted by dcmacdaddy:
Yup. I sure have. And they are also a "strident jerk" in other facets of their life as well. If you are going to be obnoxious with your religion you are highly likely to be obnoxious with your politics, social interactions, etc.

I agree with you completely. Religion has everything to do with what people do with it, because it is created by them. You are just comfirming my point that peoples attitudes/beliefs are chosen by them because it fills some need for them. People who are strident jerks because of their religious/political beliefs want to be that way. There is no causality between religious association and behavior as you seem to imply.

Here is an example:
Person A practices religion B and therefore must hate person C. Assuming person A hates person C then religion B just provides one means of facilitating that hate. If religion B didn't exist person A would find another reason to hate person C (susbtitute any economic or political system you want for B), because hating person C is what they want to do. That causal link you presuppose between religion and actions (or to put it more abstractly, between beliefs and actions)is logically faulty. And that is MY point, namely people choose to be the way they are (either consciously or unconsciously) and choose the belief structures they have. Practicing a certain religion doesn't make them more inclined to certain behaviors than others.
dahahahhaa! oh that's funny!

elzinat
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 03:19 PM

Originally posted by hayesk:
I can't stand it when people take the bible literally. Unless someone has the original Hebrew version, they don't have a leg to stand on.

The Bible has been translated over and over again, rewritten several times by ultra-conservative monks for centuries.

Can anyone honestly say that mistakes and mistranslations have not been made? Or even that these monks have not used their own values and ideals to introduce "mistakes" of their own?

The bible is a storybook to guide the life of a Christian - not to dictate it. Common sense must be used with it.
i take it this is all a priori stuff you are spouting? you are certain that the "mistranslations" were not god's will to bring down through the ages a bible in a more perfect form? after all, the fact that it's now in english certainly suggests that it's reached a higher level than where it started (given that english is the primary language of this great bulletin board). you, sir, have two legs to stand on, but only so long as you believe they are there. don't look down, Mr. WE Coyote. the clouds might dissipate

elzinat
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 03:28 PM

[B] Well then I could say the same thing, nearly every homosexual I have met has always acted nellie, snapped his fingers and never had a monogamous relationship. Does that mean all homosexuals are like that? Of course not.
actually, zim, it does.
It would be SILLY of me to think that.
how characteristic of a human.
I have talked to many homosexuals on the net that aren't like that.
no you haven't. they were all AIs trying to trick you into not believing your prejudices.
You have talked to Christians also that aren't like that as well. You just choose not to admit to it.
TURTH!
I can tell you hear and now I am not a homophobic racist. So there, you know at least ONE Christian that isn't.
well put, mon ami!

ROFL!!! You haven't been around much white trash then. Most worship the alter of NASCAR and ELVIS, and get their weekly National Enquirer to read their "Future"
that's just a quality piece of work right there. stop for a moment to admire it. yeah. that's real nice. real nice.

You seem to be acting awfully bigoted and white trashed to me.
mmmmmmmmm NASCAR and Elvis...
Not to mention when you post in such a way, you don't look that intelligent.
hahaha. he said you're schtupid
Color me un-impressed.
ok. that should probably be something like , no?
That is subjective. Mr Star Wars man has been known to derail topics with anti-christian zealotness. Sorry, I am not that naive.
mod parent +1 redundant

elzinat
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 03:36 PM

I have met many jerks that are jerks because of many other reasons than religion.
no, you really haven't.
Sounds liek a human problem to me.
yes, religion is.
You'd have a point if only the religious were jerks.
they are, and he does.

Well you have every right to think that.
no he doesn't.
Dosen't mean you are right.
sure it does. in his mind. which is all that matters. you wouldn't want his world to not be as he wills it, would you?
It has nothing to do with political correctness, but more to do with love and caring. PC didn't exist 2,000 years ago, and the Bible is HARDLY PC.
it was anti-establishment, revolutionary. that's why that jesus fool got fried. duh.

elzinat
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 03:39 PM

This "The Bible has been changed a bunch of years" is pure FUD.
exactly how many is "a bunch"?

elzinat
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 03:40 PM

Lets not forget he has a large history of Christian and religion bashing.
and i have a large history of banning retards on a whim. so whenever i post a reply to something retarded, it should be interpreted as a ban, right?

elzinat
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 03:54 PM

Originally posted by Spliffdaddy:
FYI

When you use a lot of non-standard emoticons or use the term 'STFU' in your posts - to those of us playing along at home, it looks like a 12 year old child authored it.

Even with XP's ClearType antialiasing enabled.
hear hear!

elzinat
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 03:57 PM

my empirical findings
your religion of empiricism is just as irrational as zim's. isn't that cool?
my claim still stands.
within the framework of your religion. not necessarily in anyone else's.

elzinat
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 04:01 PM

please tell us all you're joking here. c'mon you always do it...
isn't your knowing with all the certainty of a religious belief that he's joking enough? some people just can't be satisfied. damn religious malcontents.

whoever it was who invented this religion that causes people to ask more annoying questions instead of fewer should be shot many many times. with a nerf bow and arrow.

deekay1
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 04:10 PM

Originally posted by elzinat:
please, elzinat, show us all how empiricism is just as "irrational" as blind faith.

hedonist, anarchist, agnostic, mac enthusiast and a strong believer in evolution and the yellow m&m conspiracy

elzinat
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 04:13 PM

And really, I am not going to lose sleep over you not believing me. I promise.
but he can at least hope that you're going to lose sleep over whether this reply bothers him. though such a thing ought and would be denied on both sides. [hehe, hehe, he said "ought". hehe. "ought" hehe,hehe]
Hey don't let me hold you back from making judgments on people just because how you perceive them to be acting. By all means go ahead.
what else is there to base judgements on?
Your claim can still stand but that doesn't prove that there ARE Christians out there that don't act this way. That there are Christians out there that are not homophobic racists or whatever.
would you stop with teh whole "out there" crap? what are you trying to do, imply that the world doesn't exist just in my head?
You can keep putting your blinders on, and it will only hurt yourself.
mod parent +1 ironic

Yup man did some evil things during the dark ages.
Again, your problem is with man, not the religion. The religion doesn't teach such things. When man uses religion to serve his selfish needs, and that religion does not teach such things, it isn't religions fault. It cannot do such physical things. Man does it on his own. If it's not religion, it's money, if it's not money, it's power, sex, greed, man uses a lot of things to get his way. Your rant is about man, not religion. And the left keep trying to PUSH their agenda onto the conservatives. Wow I don't see a difference here.
your definition of religion is stupid.
Well it's a good thing that isn't true. Not many Christians I know really care about being socially accepted. Usually when you say you are a Christian, the social acceptance goes out the window.
what country do you live in? Iraq? cause i sure don't have to look very far outside of berkeley to see a whooole damn lot of christians getting along just fine without ever seeing or talking to non-christians.
Just look in this forum.
oh no! it's run and dominated by lefty bastards from Berzerkeley. who are trying to give a bad name to this good religious country! aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! run for your lives--'scuse me, "souls"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're ideals aren't very grounded by facts.
mod parent +1 redundant

elzinat
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 04:16 PM

you do realize that that's a retarded joke that was never funny or clever or worthwhile in any other way, right?

deekay1
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 04:17 PM

isn't your knowing with all the certainty of a religious belief that he's joking enough?
a) you don't even remotely understand the concept of rhetoric

b) if you hadn't taken my quote out of context, it would show that it was in reply to dimphire's ridiculous claim

"Actually the oldest Bible they have records of (some 2k years ago) pretty much matches the Bible of today. The meanings and teaches are still the same. This "The Bible has been changed a bunch of years" is pure FUD."

i am not sure what the purpose of your post was (or wether you even know), but one really doesn't need to be a bible scholar to see the absolute stupidity of zimphire's claims.
( Last edited by deekay1; Dec 25, 2002 at 04:22 PM. )

elzinat
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 04:17 PM

LOL.
alternatively, some guy can manage to come along and pretend to think it's funny just cause his religion is aligning itself with yours.
woo
hoo
yeah

funny

elzinat
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 04:21 PM

Originally posted by Ozmodiar:
as for the res of this thread:
well put!

deekay1
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 04:21 PM

you do realize that that's a retarded joke that was never funny or clever or worthwhile in any other way, right?
you realize that you are one big pain in the a$$ devoid of any sense of humor, do you?

p.s.: who made the little f�ckhead moderator? geez, macnn, i am sure you could find better mods than that if you looked in a "short bus"...

MikeM33
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 04:38 PM

This thread has grown powerful, Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!

MikeM

deekay1
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 04:41 PM

alternatively, some guy can manage to come along and pretend to think it's funny just cause his religion is aligning itself with yours.
woo
hoo
yeah

funny

hey, you seem to be posting a lot today!

did your parents let you out of the cellar for the holidays? now isn't that special?!
enjoying life in the real world for a couple of hours, are ya?

deekay1
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 04:44 PM

Originally posted by MikeM33:
This thread has grown powerful, Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!

MikeM
mike, that f�ckin' scared me, when the thread was displayed. i wasn't prepared...grrrrrrr.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Dec 25, 2002, 11:27 PM

I think it's obvious (to those of us with a pulse, anyway) that elzinat was merely trying to show Zimphire what he wasn't seeing - the fact that he tends to post several times consecutively.

It was meant to be funny - and it was.

To watch some schmuck get mad at him for doing it is even funnier.

kudos.

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 26, 2002, 02:58 AM

let me put it in as simple terms as i can: you are so stupid that you are unable to grasp the magnitude of your stupidity.

if this post believes itself, then it inherently cannot serve a purpose. wherefore, then, does it exist?
I am hoping you are being sarcastic, otherwise let me take time out to snicker.

*snicker*

I hope that wasn't "proof"

deekay1
Mac Elite
Dec 26, 2002, 02:58 AM

I think it's obvious (to those of us with a pulse, anyway) that elzinat was merely trying to show Zimphire what he wasn't seeing - the fact that he tends to post several times consecutively.
you are digging very hard, aren't ya?

anybody else think it was funny?

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 26, 2002, 03:12 AM

actually, zim, it does.

Naw, I know one homosexual personally that hasn't had sex at all. Actually he is bisexual, and is saving himself for marriage. Even though he is attracted to both men and women, he chooses to date women only.

no you haven't. they were all AIs trying to trick you into not believing your prejudices.

Of course you know all of them I am sure.

TURTH! well put, mon ami!

that's just a quality piece of work right there. stop for a moment to admire it. yeah. that's real nice. real nice.

mmmmmmmmm NASCAR and Elvis... hahaha. he said you're schtupid ok. that should probably be something like , no?
mod parent +1 redundant
You drunk?

no, you really haven't.

Yes I have.

yes, religion is.

Religion isn't the problem. Religion cannot physically do things.

they are, and he does.

They aren't and he doesn't
it was anti-establishment, revolutionary. that's why that jesus fool got fried. duh. [/B][/QUOTE]

Tell him that. He seems to think it's all about being PC.

and i have a large history of banning retards on a whim. so whenever i post a reply to something retarded, it should be interpreted as a ban, right?

But then wouldn't you end up banning yourself?

Irrational to someone looking through worldly eyes.

your definition of religion is stupid.

And you thinking you are one to judge what definition is or is not stupid is pretty pretentious. And it makes me chuckle.

I respond to posted that are replies to mine. If I post a reply, and reload the page, and a NEW reply is posted, I reply to that one as well. I wouldn't want someone following me around the forum DEMANDING me to reply to their post. Times when I come on here and the posts are al ready there, I reply to them all in one swoop like this. Is Eliz was trying to being clever, I will laugh only that he thinks it was actually humorous. I find it amusing that people really think I care about how they feel about the way I respond.

To watch some schmuck get mad at him for doing it is even funnier.

kudos.

Exactly.

elzinat
Mac Elite
Dec 26, 2002, 04:01 AM

it's been a blast folks. thank you all so much for coming out. Happy Holidays!

deekay1
Mac Elite
Dec 26, 2002, 04:06 AM

it's been a blast folks. thank you all so much for coming out. Happy Holidays!
oh, 'have to go back into the cellar again already? see ya next year then. bye

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 26, 2002, 05:31 AM

you are digging very hard, aren't ya?

anybody else think it was funny?
Yes, I did. Thanks for asking.

deekay1
Mac Elite
Dec 26, 2002, 06:07 AM

Originally posted by AKcrab:
Yes, I did. Thanks for asking.
you don't get out much, do you?

Zimphire
Baninated
Dec 26, 2002, 09:23 AM

Er come on now, elzinat was just showing us a example on how to be a annoying troll.

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 26, 2002, 05:32 PM

you don't get out much, do you?
deekay1 == 4.6 posts per day
AKcrab == 1.6 posts per day

Looks like I get out about 3 times as much as you.

Forum Links
Forum Rules