Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > So what's everyone doing tonight for NYE?

So what's everyone doing tonight for NYE?
marusin
Senior User
Dec 31, 2002, 07:32 PM

I'm just gonna be heading upstairs to change but was just wondering what everyone has got planned (or for all the people East of the US, what "did" you do?)?

My wife and I are headed over to my friend's house where we will be cooking and having drinks.. Looking forward to it... We have some beautiful steaks and lobster tails that will be on the grill as well as plenty of drinks... (and don't worry, we're staying over as is all the other guests)...

Anyone doing anything out of the ordinary? Everyone I've talked to is going lowkey this year and not doing a whole lot... I think everyone is sick of the $100+ parties that seem to be the popular New Years choice (at least in Chicago)...

Ok, need to change... Happy New Year to all.. Looking forward to spending the day seeing how everyone celebrated...

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2002, 07:36 PM

nothing... but I am not a loser, nothing as of now

Montanan
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 31, 2002, 07:47 PM

My plan is to:

1. Stay awake until it's midnight in some time zone, somewhere (haven't decided which one, yet), and then ...

2. Go to bed.

dillerX
Professional Poster
Dec 31, 2002, 08:13 PM

get a good nights sleep.

ok, that is a lie. I will probably stay up all night and sleep tomorrow away.
I tried to sig-spam the forums.
ADVANTAGE Motorsports Marketing, Inc. • speedXdesign, Inc.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 31, 2002, 08:16 PM

i am doing NOTHING!!!!

going out costs money. i have no friends. i have a wife and a house and 2 cats. i need nothing else. except for my ibook and airport hub. but nothing else besides that.

happy new year all.

denim
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2002, 08:17 PM

Originally posted by marusin:
I'm just gonna be heading upstairs to change but was just wondering what everyone has got planned (or for all the people East of the US, what "did" you do?)?
I think I'm going to go see TTT again.
Is this a good place for an argument?
Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Me

denim
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2002, 08:18 PM

Originally posted by scaught:
i am doing NOTHING!!!!
I know nutink! I see nutink!
Is this a good place for an argument?
Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Me

Nimisys
Banned
Dec 31, 2002, 08:35 PM

have no plans, will probably just stay home. i never understood the big deal about NYE or NYD in general

Earth Mk. II
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2002, 08:41 PM

I'm home in NY, my girlfriend's in AL, and my friends here at home all hate each other.

I'm going to bed, someone give me a call before the world ends.
/Earth\ Mk\.\ I{2}/

Montanan
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 31, 2002, 08:44 PM

Hmmm ... obviously, the people with the hardcore social lives are already out carousing, instead of sitting around online.

malson
Senior User
Dec 31, 2002, 09:16 PM

I feel you Earth... I had to work today and was supposed to drive up to see my fiancee. Only about a 2 hour trip but I was horribly sick all day Sunday. I'm still pretty weak and sore so I decided it would probably be best to stay home and recover fully. So, my fiancee was crying on the phone...not good. She understands, but still was hoping to see me. At least a bunch of our friends are going to her house to party. Oh well, guess I'll just sit here at home and watch football then Dick Clark. Woot...
Yeah, about those TPS reports, didn't you get the memo?
--------------
2.3 Ghz Dual-Core G5/20" LCD/Life is Good!
Moo...

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 31, 2002, 09:37 PM

-Owl

Atef's Carcase
Banned
Location: In Berlin, hangin' with the Lackey of Saddam, Gerhardt Schr�der.
Dec 31, 2002, 10:03 PM

I'm here with you all.

Cipher13
Jan 1, 2003, 12:10 AM

Well, we partied, got drunk, set off fireworks, the usual... now I can barely type because of the wounds on my left arm

PorscheBunny
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2003, 12:15 AM

I'm just here being a nuisance. Helen's asleep and Miranda is already passed out.

Next time I fall in love, the person needs to be one with some alcohol tolerance.
*LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: THE BITCH HAS LEFT TEH BUILDING*

thePurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2003, 12:20 AM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
Well, we partied, got drunk, set off fireworks, the usual... now I can barely type because of the wounds on my left arm
ditto...(minus the wounds on my left arm, our fireworks worked a charm )

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Jan 1, 2003, 12:39 AM

i forgot, already... *hic*

i told some friends, so, ask diller. or cheerios, if she can remember, past the drugs she had for her wisdom teeth op
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

ARENA
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2003, 12:55 AM

Like Nimisys said, i don't get the big deal about new year, so i'm staying home.

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2003, 02:27 AM

Originally posted by ARENA:
Like Nimisys said, i don't get the big deal about new year, so i'm staying home.
Nice to have "company" online at the MacNN forum. Every time I look in my wallet, money escapes, so I have STOPPED looking. I think I spent my last check on this PowerBook!

Cipher13
Jan 1, 2003, 02:35 AM

Originally posted by thePurpleGiant:
ditto...(minus the wounds on my left arm, our fireworks worked a charm )
Oh, it wasn't the fireworks, it was the run, dive, commando roll combo on gravel that did it.

Smart one.

mac-at-kearsarge
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2003, 03:09 AM

No one should feel bad about being alone on NYE. As I think I'll beat you all the the pathetic way I'm spending my evening: Here in the Eastern time Zone, I'd been watching the History's Channel "Sex through ther Ages" series, flipepd to ABC/NBC channels to see the ball drop, Watched Connan, then went back to watching the sex series.

Why is this so bad? I'ma 21yo college student, whose straight edge, and a virgin. So I'm home alone, not drunk, and horn..... Well you know. I willing to bet no one can beat me for the most pathetic way to spend NYE!
iGeek

mac-at-kearsarge
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2003, 03:16 AM

No one should feel bad about being alone on NYE. As I think I'll beat you all the the pathetic way I'm spending my evening: Here in the Eastern time Zone, I'd been watching the History's Channel "Sex through ther Ages" series, flipepd to ABC/NBC channels to see the ball drop, Watched Connan, then went back to watching the sex series.

Why is this so bad? I'ma 21yo college student, whose straight edge, and a virgin. So I'm home alone, not drunk, and horn..... Well you know. I willing to bet no one can beat me for the most pathetic way to spend NYE!
iGeek

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2003, 03:22 AM

Originally posted by mac-at-kearsarge:

The truth is I think EXCITEMENT comes into our lives every once in a while. Most of us do mundane things everyday. I wouldn't feel bad. For me, I choose to stay home. I could be out there drinking with people, but I'm not much of a drinker and so I didn't feel like it.

cheerios
Professional Poster
Jan 1, 2003, 03:29 AM

Mac, I had my wisdom teeth out this morning. i win.

and there's nothing wrong w/ beign straight edge. you can still party. as forthe 3rd, I've 2 words: jack off. does wonders, I've been told
The short shall inherit the earth. Just you wait. You won't see us coming. We'll pop out from under tables, beds, and closets in hordes. So you're tall, huh? You won't be so tall when I chew off your ankles. Mofo

Fallout
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 1, 2003, 04:39 AM

well, my original plan was to go to a party, but it didn't happen, and then i was gonna sit around and do nothin, and then some friends came over and we got drunk and watched die hard 3.

mac-at-kearsarge
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2003, 01:49 PM

Originally posted by cheerios:
Mac, I had my wisdom teeth out this morning. i win.

and there's nothing wrong w/ beign straight edge. you can still party. as forthe 3rd, I've 2 words: jack off. does wonders, I've been told
Why do you think I was watching the HISTORY OF SEX all night!?!?! (Hey it was pretty graphic and some of those acient erotic scultures: wow! )
iGeek

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 1, 2003, 02:15 PM

My headache at this point can attest to the party I went to last night. I showed up real late because I got lost in Boston, so naturally I had to catch up to everyone (especially the chicks). Gets kinds blurry after that, a fire alarm went off and I punched the siren because, well, I was very intoxicated... now my hand is all cut up. They had an Ice Luge, never seen one before so I got up close and personal with it all night. Alot of the freshmen-age girls that were there ended up vomiting quite a bit, which is a huuuuge turnoff, if your gonna drink know your limits at least...

I remember two or three girls as well...

Good night, really its just a lame excuse to get really hammered and hook up with numerous people, now thats MY kind of holiday!

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 2, 2003, 01:16 AM

Phish@Madison Square Garden (NY) .

marusin  (op)
Senior User
Jan 2, 2003, 03:11 PM

Originally posted by spacefreak:
Phish@Madison Square Garden (NY) .
Very nice... I heard the Tom Hanks tie-in with WIlson was cool (and he came out during the song???)... I have a friend that was there and is doing the Hampton Run...

Mail order wasn't nice to me...

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 3, 2003, 12:37 AM

Originally posted by marusin:
Very nice... I heard the Tom Hanks tie-in with WIlson was cool (and he came out during the song???)... I have a friend that was there and is doing the Hampton Run...

Mail order wasn't nice to me...
Yup, Mr. Hanks was pretty cool...he just went up to the microphone, screamed "blatly bloot" as the band kicked back in, and ran off stage. The entire arena erupted with pumped fists into the air.

Justin W. Williams
Mac Elite
Jan 3, 2003, 12:57 AM

DaKiwi & I sat on our arses and watched the Monster Garage marathon. w00t.
Justin Williams
Chicks Really Dig Me
AIM - iTikki [NEW AND IMPROVED!]
http://www.tikkirulz.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules