Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > I Have A Tracking Number!

I Have A Tracking Number! (Page 3)
drainyoo
Senior User
Mar 16, 2003, 10:03 PM

Originally posted by cwasko:
Well, I'm not sure what to make of this yet... but... I just checked my Apple loan and there is a temp authorization for the amount left on my order... which is only the 17". woohoo! I'm not going to get too excited though as I have not received any word from Apple and my OrderStatus is still 'open'. Additionaly, my 'On or before' date is 4/4/2003 so I think it would be extremely odd that it ships anytime soon.

I'm hoping the Apple store in WestFarms will get some in tomorrow.

p.s. Congrats to y'all with tracking numbers.. indeed a great weekend

[edit] I placed my order on 2/21/2003 on the phone with Apple.
How do you check your apple loan? I have the same date as you.
i hate project managers.

justinhale
Mar 16, 2003, 10:05 PM

been lurking around these forms for a bit now,
any guestimations on my 01/16/2003 07:07 PM PST order?
BTO: 17.0/1GHZ/1024/60G/SD/AP/BT/LL

ship date still says the same as it's said.
on or before 03/31/2003, no discouts. payed full price.
$3,599.00

also, no charges on the credit card yet.
better sooner than later would make me happy.

cheers,
justin.

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 16, 2003, 10:08 PM

Ah, well you got your order in farly early, and although it's BTO, you'll be glad to know many Keynote BTO orders are already shipping, so I'd guesstimate approx. a week or so for yours...here's to hoping for sooner than later!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

drainyoo
Senior User
Mar 16, 2003, 10:16 PM

This is very weird. I jsut checked my APPLE loan and it says theres a temp autorization by APPLE for $16! What can that be? I only ordered the 17 inch.

WEIRD.
i hate project managers.

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 16, 2003, 10:20 PM

$16? What in the world? I'd give Apple a call...and let us know what it is!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

kcmac
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2003, 10:21 PM

This is fantastic. Can't wait to hear the reports.

HvyMtlMdns
Forum Regular
Mar 16, 2003, 10:39 PM

Originally posted by drainyoo:
This is very weird. I jsut checked my APPLE loan and it says theres a temp autorization by APPLE for $16! What can that be? I only ordered the 17 inch.

WEIRD.
When I ordered my QuickSilver a while back, Apple charged $16 the day before they came back and charged the full amount minus the $16. When I asked the Apple Rep, they said it was standard proceedure to test the account the money was coming from with a small debit prior to the entire amount being debited. Check you account tomorroe to see if the remainder of the balance is gone.
MacMini 2.0 Ghz C2D/160GB/2GB RAM/8x Dual-Layer SD/3X 1 TB Ext HDs; iMac C2D 20" 2.66 GHz/320GB/2GB RAM/8x Dual-Layer SD/20" Display with external 20" Apple Cinema Display; PB G4 1.67 GHz 17"/250GB/1 GB RAM/8x Dual-Layer SD; 5G iPod Classic 160GB; 2G iPod Shuffle; AppleTV

cwasko
Senior User
Mar 16, 2003, 10:41 PM

Originally posted by drainyoo:
How do you check your apple loan? I have the same date as you.
http://www.mbna.com/

Then create your account. Look for the 'Consumer Loans' section.

Right now, however, their site seems to be broken. I can't acces my CC or Loan info.

I also forgot to mention that I did a BTO order for the extra RAM.

HvyMtlMdns
Forum Regular
Mar 16, 2003, 10:43 PM

Has anyone who ordered on the 10th of January received a shipping confirmation as of yet? I ordered a standard 17" from my campus store via the Apple Educational website. Just curious? Congrats to all who are finally receiving their machines this week I can't wait to have mine.
MacMini 2.0 Ghz C2D/160GB/2GB RAM/8x Dual-Layer SD/3X 1 TB Ext HDs; iMac C2D 20" 2.66 GHz/320GB/2GB RAM/8x Dual-Layer SD/20" Display with external 20" Apple Cinema Display; PB G4 1.67 GHz 17"/250GB/1 GB RAM/8x Dual-Layer SD; 5G iPod Classic 160GB; 2G iPod Shuffle; AppleTV

drainyoo
Senior User
Mar 16, 2003, 10:58 PM

Originally posted by HvyMtlMdns:
When I ordered my QuickSilver a while back, Apple charged $16 the day before they came back and charged the full amount minus the $16. When I asked the Apple Rep, they said it was standard proceedure to test the account the money was coming from with a small debit prior to the entire amount being debited. Check you account tomorroe to see if the remainder of the balance is gone.
That sounds right. But they authorized it on 3/10. Nothing else since then. I hope something happens tomorrow.
i hate project managers.

bpsmith
Mar 16, 2003, 11:25 PM

Has anyone who ordered on the 10th of January received a shipping confirmation as of yet? I ordered a standard 17" from my campus store via the Apple Educational website. Just curious? Congrats to all who are finally receiving their machines this week I can't wait to have mine.
Yeah, I ordered a couple days after you from the education store. No shipment notice as of yet. Did you order anything else with it, and if so, did you select ship when all items are available?

Brad
Brad Smith
[email protected]

Bodhi
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 16, 2003, 11:32 PM

I have a ship time of on or before 3-26 so I will let you know when mine ships. Should be right before yours...
~Peace~

HvyMtlMdns
Forum Regular
Mar 16, 2003, 11:38 PM

Originally posted by bpsmith:
Yeah, I ordered a couple days after you from the education store. No shipment notice as of yet. Did you order anything else with it, and if so, did you select ship when all items are available?

Brad
I ordered it along with an extra power adapter. It already shipped in February. Other than that, it was the standard 17 with no xtra ram. My on or before date is 3/25/03. I'll have to wait until the campus store opens tomorrow to find out if there is a tracking number since they actually ordered it.

bpsmith
Mar 17, 2003, 12:00 AM

Ah. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I ordered with a couple extra items and selected ship all items at once (rather than when available). My on or before date is the 26th. According to Apple, the other three items are ready to ship. They're just waiting on the PowerBook.
Brad Smith
[email protected]

maelstrom65
Forum Regular
Mar 17, 2003, 12:02 AM

Originally posted by cwasko:
http://www.mbna.com/

Then create your account. Look for the 'Consumer Loans' section.

Right now, however, their site seems to be broken. I can't acces my CC or Loan info.

I also forgot to mention that I did a BTO order for the extra RAM.
Sigh...can't do that via mbna canada. Figures...

"Hermann Goering would have been better than Rimmer. Okay, he was a drug-crazed transvestite
but at least we could have gone dancing" - David Lister 3rd Technician JMCS Red Dwarf

PowerBook G4 17"
ADS External FW HD Enclosure w/ a WD120Gb 7200 RPM Drive
30Gb iPod
Logitech MX500 Optical Mouse
Logitech Elite Keyboard
Sony SJ22 Clie'
Powermate
Powerwave
iCurve
iBot Pro (Deceased)
iSight

Simian
Mar 17, 2003, 01:06 AM

If any of you with a ship date of on or before 3/26 get any info let me know.
They say the mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
...Sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two. :)
TMB-PS2

vdrummer
Forum Regular
Mar 17, 2003, 12:24 PM

Originally posted by justinhale:
been lurking around these forms for a bit now,
any guestimations on my 01/16/2003 07:07 PM PST order?
BTO: 17.0/1GHZ/1024/60G/SD/AP/BT/LL

ship date still says the same as it's said.
on or before 03/31/2003, no discouts. payed full price.
$3,599.00

also, no charges on the credit card yet.
better sooner than later would make me happy.

cheers,
justin.
Interesting - I have same config
PBG4 17.0/1GHZ/1024/60G/SD/AP/BT/LL

ordered on 1/29 at 11:51 AM PST

but Est. Ship is 03/27/2003, as it has been since the order date. guess there's a possibility of shipping dates not strictly following order dates?

cwasko
Senior User
Mar 17, 2003, 12:42 PM

Originally posted by vdrummer:
guess there's a possibility of shipping dates not strictly following order dates?
Keep in mind this is an 'on or before' date - hence a maximum date. I think you can assume that the later you ordered, the more accurate the shipping date. From the limited info we've seen in this thread, it would suggest that the priorty is given to date ordered and a standard package, i.e., not BTO.

JohnM15141
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 17, 2003, 01:18 PM

Well,

I ordered mine on Jan 9th and have an estimated ship date of 24 March.

Today(Mar 17) my Apple Loan showed the temporary authorization for the cost of the 17" PB. Soon, I should be getting a ship notice.

It's been my experience that things happen very fast once the temporary authorization occurs.

I ordered a PowerMac DP1.25, Temp charge appeared on my card on a friday , then A G4 appeared on my doorstep on Saturday!!

I hope this the case again!

(Addendum: I just checked my Online order at the Apple Store and "Whaddya Know" He got's a Tracking Numberssss!, ahhh Yesss, My Preciousss!! He wants It!)
( Last edited by JohnM15141; Mar 17, 2003 at 01:28 PM. )

cwasko
Senior User
Mar 17, 2003, 01:33 PM

Originally posted by JohnM15141:
(Addendum: I just checked my Online order at the Apple Store and "Whaddya Know" He got's a Tracking Numberssss!, ahhh Yesss, My Preciousss!! He wants It!)
Arggghhh! I just read this and went and looked at my Order Status... so far, no change. However, they did authorize my Loan the other day. My on or before date is way later than yours (4/4/2003), but I'm still hoping the Gods are with me on this one as my original order was 3/21/2003 (long story as to why I had to cancel and re-order).

bbales
Mac Elite
Mar 17, 2003, 01:55 PM

This is so fun to watch all you 17-inchers! It's so reminiscent of me about 5 weeks ago, waiting for my new 12-inch. We were all crazed, putting in info on tracking numbers etc. etc. etc.

So my question -- does anyone with a tracking number see that the shipment has actually LEFT Taiwan? And how often are you checking Fed Ex????? I swear, I was completely obsessed.

Good luck all!

By the way, I LOVE my new laptop.

cwasko
Senior User
Mar 17, 2003, 01:58 PM

Originally posted by bbales:
This is so fun to watch all you 17-inchers! It's so reminiscent of me about 5 weeks ago, waiting for my new 12-inch. We were all crazed, putting in info on tracking numbers etc. etc. etc.

So my question -- does anyone with a tracking number see that the shipment has actually LEFT Taiwan? And how often are you checking Fed Ex????? I swear, I was completely obsessed.

Good luck all!

By the way, I LOVE my new laptop.
LOL. Yes, it is quite entertaining. I'm very obsessed at this point. I read on another site that someone said their's is in Indiana. So, it would seem as though some left Taiwan.

iwpro
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 17, 2003, 02:44 PM

Glad to see more of the same on or before ship dates as myself.

My order was placed on Jan 10th

I too ordered through the university store and must contact them to find out about confirmation. Mine is a BTO so I am hoping it will be here sooner than next week. I can hope! lol

Either way, my birthday is the 24th so it will make a nice present! I ordered additional equipment as well, but did not select send all when available. It was funny to see my order arrive in bits and pieces. First the mouse and Apple Care protection plan. Then my 23" Cinema display and after that my 180 Gig fire wire hard drive from firewire direct. Now all I need is the powerBook to make it all work. Soon enough, hope to hear more from the stock as well as BTO's that ordered around the same time and have a ship date on or before March 26th.

_iwpro

maelstrom65
Forum Regular
Mar 17, 2003, 03:12 PM

I feel you're pain. My original "on or before" date was March 11 (for a Jan 27th order). On the 11th, it changed to April 15th (Apple admitted they screwed up and gave me a credit on the account). Now I got no idea when it's actually gonna get here, but seeing all these tracking numbers magically appearing of late is heartening.

Hope you see your's soon...
"Hermann Goering would have been better than Rimmer. Okay, he was a drug-crazed transvestite
but at least we could have gone dancing" - David Lister 3rd Technician JMCS Red Dwarf

PowerBook G4 17"
ADS External FW HD Enclosure w/ a WD120Gb 7200 RPM Drive
30Gb iPod
Logitech MX500 Optical Mouse
Logitech Elite Keyboard
Sony SJ22 Clie'
Powermate
Powerwave
iCurve
iBot Pro (Deceased)
iSight

bbales
Mac Elite
Mar 17, 2003, 03:25 PM

For whoever's is in Indiana, you're probably not far, now. Indiana is a major Fed Ex hub, apparently. Now for me, who lives in suburban Chicago, it took only 6 hours, or even less, between Indiana and my waiting little hands... (although, actually, I missed the Fed Ex guy by 10 stinkin' minutes and he had to come back. Delayed me 2 whole ours!!

obsession is definitely one way of looking at it. I know I certainly was.

beth

justinhale
Mar 17, 2003, 04:34 PM

Interesting - I have same config
PBG4 17.0/1GHZ/1024/60G/SD/AP/BT/LL

ordered on 1/29 at 11:51 AM PST

but Est. Ship is 03/27/2003, as it has been since the order date. guess there's a possibility of shipping dates not strictly following order dates?
those apple fockers,
just threw down five bills for software
adobe 7, macromedia studio mx.

:: now if only i had a mac to install it on ::

fine ill give you the odds
wanna throw down on a race?
two to one my book gets here first..!

justin.

TBoxman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 17, 2003, 06:18 PM

Reading all this news on the Internet about people receiving their shipping reports from Apple, I got pretty excited as my order was placed on Jan 10th for the standard configuration. I just called Mac Zones to speak with a friend there to get an update. He said they had an update this morning, and that Apple was shipping out the units in twos. One for display and one to fill the first backorder for each reseller. He said they had two in transit. He also said don't expect them in bulk until the middle of April. Now I'm wondering if he is being very pessimistic, or what.

I haven't received any shipping notification on mine yet.

Terry

Radiosity
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 17, 2003, 08:42 PM

I ordered mine on the 10th direct from Apple (stock, not bto). It shipped today (actually, like 6am taiwan time so it would have been sunday). I selected standard overnight waay back when because I knew that I wouldn't want to wait. Unfortunately, my brand new Apple has been sitting in some sort (not even at Airport) since about 9am this morning (22:00 Taiwan time). I'm hoping that the Fedex site hasn't updated or something? Oh well, at least I know that it is en route. At this point, I'm assuming that "standard overnight" does not apply to international shipments and I'm guessing that it will be "overnight" once it clears customs. Here's to hoping that I have it before Sunday!

Arch.
Forum Regular
Mar 17, 2003, 09:53 PM

I ordered around feb 1. I am curious to see when people will start to get tracking #'s from around this time.

HvyMtlMdns
Forum Regular
Mar 17, 2003, 09:57 PM

I also ordered mine on the10th through my campus store who placed the order that day. I just got off the phone with the Apple Education rep and they are still quoting me on or before March 25th. What gives? I'm not sure I understand the order in which they are choosing who to ship machines to. It was a standard build 17" machine. Also, why hasn't Apple announced that the 17" is shipping like they just did with the 1.42 GHz PowerMacs?

I not upset, just a little frustrated at the moment. I just want my PowerBook

GeekyJeff
Forum Regular
Mar 17, 2003, 10:00 PM

I ordered on 1/15. No tracking yet. No CC charged. I ordered stock 17.0/1GHZ/512/60G/SD/AP/BT-USA M8793LL/A. Estimated Ship at Apple Online Store 3/28.

javabeans
Forum Regular
Mar 17, 2003, 10:19 PM

Originally posted by AssassyN:
Yep! Got mine for that price as well (plus the extra cash for 1GIG RAM though)!
Hi, what's the process to get an ADC price? This is my first MAC and i'm going all out...but I want to also get an iPod...so it'll be nice if I can get both!

Thanks,

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 17, 2003, 10:52 PM

Originally posted by javabeans:
Hi, what's the process to get an ADC price? This is my first MAC and i'm going all out...but I want to also get an iPod...so it'll be nice if I can get both!

Thanks,
ADC stands for Apple Developer Connection, and it's a program that gives you monthly Apple mailings, insiders developing information and program code, etc., and it also gives you a once-in-a-lifetime 20% hardware discount at the Apple Store (for college students).

There's various branches of ADC in which you can purchase, the Student, the Select, and the Premier. The Select & Premier are $500 & $3,500, respectively, but if you're a college student you can get in on this for $99. For a one time fee of $99 you get one-year of Apple Developer mailings, access to insiders downloads and information, and of course, a 20% discount on ONE purchase at the Apple.com store. In this purchase you can get up to (1) computer of any kind, (1) display of any kind, and as many accessories as you like for 20% off.

You just have to be able to fax in information proving you're in college and stuff...for more info, go HERE, and specifically if you're a college student wanting in, go HERE

And by the way, you *can* order iPods at a substaintial discount w/ your ADC Purchase. For example, the standard $499 20BG iPod is only $399 through ADC.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Arch.
Forum Regular
Mar 17, 2003, 11:06 PM

I got my 17" through ADC. If I wanted a display would I have to order it at the same time? I dont know how much longer I can hold out....I am going crazy. Weird that the case I ordered does not show up on the order status right now....but they are still charging me the 150.00 for it.....

Order Date
02/03/2003
10:18 AM PST
Shipping Method
Standard Overnite
Shipping Options
Items shipped separately as they become available.
Order Items Part No. Est. Ship Unit Price Qty Ext. price
PBG4 17.0/1GHZ/512/60G/SD/AP/BT-USA M8793LL/A On or before
04/01/2003 $2,639.00 1 $2,639.00
Open
SubTotal: $2,788.00
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Shipping Charge: $63.00
Estimated Total: $2,851.00

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 17, 2003, 11:09 PM

Unfortunately Arch., you *must* order at the same time, there's absolutely no going back once you've placed your order to purchase an Apple Display at ADC pricing.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

javabeans
Forum Regular
Mar 17, 2003, 11:25 PM

ADC stands for Apple Developer Connection, and it's a program that gives you monthly Apple mailings, insiders developing information and program code, etc., and it also gives you a once-in-a-lifetime 20% hardware discount at the Apple Store (for college students).
Thanks so much AssassyN! I'd have spent the retail price anyways...but this deal is definitely worthy since I can get also an iPod...awesome!

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 17, 2003, 11:30 PM

Glad I could help! Hope you do join ADC & get your stuff! Keep us posted!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Arch.
Forum Regular
Mar 18, 2003, 12:14 AM

oh well,
I am broke anyway.....

javabeans
Forum Regular
Mar 18, 2003, 12:16 AM

Glad I could help! Hope you do join ADC & get your stuff! Keep us posted!
Looks like I have to pay twice? Once for the enrollment of the ADC Student program for $99, then I have to purchase the Student Developer Program:

From Apple website:
1. Sign up online with the Apple Developer Connection for U.S. $99.
2. After agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, you must identify yourself as a student, fill in your student identification number, and write in your School Name on the "Your Information" page. To be eligible for the ADC Student Program, you must be currently enrolled as a part-time or full-time student at a college or university, have a student identification number, and be at least 18 years of age.
Please note that the Apple Developer Connection must verify student status before we can fully activate an ADC Student membership.
3. Purchase the Student Developer Program. You will receive an e-mail welcoming you to the Apple Developer Connection.

Your Membership benefits will begin as soon as your purchase has cleared and your student status has been verified. Please allow up to 4 weeks after verification for delivery of your first ADC Student Orientation Kit.
Am i missing something?

Thanks again!

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 18, 2003, 12:34 AM

Fortunately, yes, you are!

Heh, you're most likely over-reading into it...it's really quite simple.

Just go to http://connect.apple.com and select "Join" to purchase a Student Membership. Put a Student Membership in your cart and "Check-Out". Pay your $99, fill out all the info. it asks (including your Student ID [many universities, including my own, simply use your Social Security # as your ID, so if you're unsure, check into it first] at your college, this is very important), and order it. You'll then be instantly ready to purchase via the Student Discount. You do so by heading HERE and click that banner that says "ADC Hardware Purchase Program" to enter the ADC Store. Wowww look at the pretty prices!

Okay, after you're through gawking, get to ordering! Just put whatever you want in your cart, and make absolute *SURE!* you get everything you need, because once the order is placed, that discount is FOREVER gone, regardless of what you "forgot" to order at the time of purchase. Too, many things in accessories won't be discounted, as it's the Apple-made hardware that's discounted. For instance, a Microsoft mouse will be the same price through the ADC store as the normal one, so don't be shocked, only Apple stuff is discounted, but even the small things like Power Adapters, batteries, etc. are discounted if made by Apple.

Then, place your order, give them your name, shipping info., credit card info., etc. and you're set! Things will begin to ship as they become available. In about a week or two you'll get an email from Apple requesting a FAX from you to them with your College letter of Acceptance (original, no copies) OR your current Class Schedule from your University, PLUS your Student ID card or Driver's License. Also, if you want to type out a page stating your full name, address, and your ADC Membership Confirmation Number (that'll be included in the email they'll send you after you've paid your $99 to confirm that you're in) and fax that page too, it speeds up there confirmation process. Once that's in to Apple, they won't email you telling you it's done, but keep a check on your account at connect.apple.com, and you'll see your Assets (ADC Student Membership and ADC Mailings) become updated w/ a current date, which will be the date they confirmed you after your faxes. This confirmation of faxes allows them to start sending your monthly mailings of free code, free info., free t-shirts, free programs, etc. for a one-year period (very cool stuff!). After that one-year, you can renew for $99 for another year, and you'll continue to get all your monthly goodies, but you will NOT ever receive another 20% discount, even with renewing. That discount is for joiners only, unfortunately, so use it very wisely!

I hope this answers everything, if not, please feel free to post and I'll keep a check & respond as quick as I can! Cheers!
( Last edited by AssassyN; Mar 18, 2003 at 12:40 AM. )
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Arch.
Forum Regular
Mar 18, 2003, 12:51 AM

Last months was that CD right?

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 18, 2003, 12:51 AM

Originally posted by Arch.:
Last months was that CD right?
I actually just joined in late Feb., and just got my faxes confirmed last week, and so most likely I'll start getting my montly mailings this next time around, and so I'm unsure of what last months was...sorry!
( Last edited by AssassyN; Mar 18, 2003 at 01:04 AM. )
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Arch.
Forum Regular
Mar 18, 2003, 12:55 AM

Weird..
they never asked for me to fax them anything....but I did receive the mailings anyway? Maybe I should just send it to them so my order does not get delayed. Its weird that they let me place it in the first place w/o confirmation.

javabeans
Forum Regular
Mar 18, 2003, 12:57 AM

Fortunately, yes, you are!

Heh, you're most likely over-reading into it...it's really quite simple.

I hope this answers everything, if not, please feel free to post and I'll keep a check & respond as quick as I can! Cheers!
Hi AssassyN,

First I'd like to thank you for your quick response. I feel very welcome in this on-line community. Anyways, I just followed your instruction, after I cliked on that banner 'ADC Hardware Purchase Program' I immediately saw the price discounted price. Even though I'm not yet a student ADC....is this a mistake or am I being teased? I'm extremely excited seeing the price...

any thoughts?

Thanks,
A to-be-owner of a 17" PB

Arch.
Forum Regular
Mar 18, 2003, 12:58 AM

It is very real Javabeans!

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 18, 2003, 01:00 AM

No problem at all! Believe it or not, I was in your same shoes a few months back, and this Mac community made me feel extremely welcome, and so I'm just trying to give back

And no, you're not being teased. The ADC site can be viewed by anyone, anywhere, by clicking that link. Your order simply will not be processed, though, if you try to order from there and they check your credentials and find you're not an ADC member.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 18, 2003, 01:03 AM

Weird..
they never asked for me to fax them anything....but I did receive the mailings anyway? Maybe I should just send it to them so my order does not get delayed. Its weird that they let me place it in the first place w/o confirmation.
Many people have mentioned that they never got this email, but to be on the safe side, I'd follow what it says on their actual site and email those things I mentioned above to: (taken directly from developer.apple.com)

"Q: How do I verify my student status so my membership can be activated?

A: The Apple Developer Connection must verify student status before we can fully activate an ADC Student membership. Once you have purchased the membership, please fax a copy of your picture ID (drivers license, passport, student ID, etc.) along with a current or upcoming course schedule or other official proof of enrollment from your college/ university to:

Attn: ADC Student Program

(North America) 1-(408) 974-7683

(Europe) +44 (0) 131 458 6988

(Australia/Singapore) +800 2775 3248

(Japan) 001 800 2775 3248

(Hong Kong) 800 908 212
The information will be used to confirm active student status only. Your account will be on hold until your student status is verified. If you need assistance or a local fax number is not available, please contact us. "

Assuming you're in North America, fax that info. I mentioned to: 1-(408) 974-7683
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Arch.
Forum Regular
Mar 18, 2003, 01:03 AM

So what should I do? Do you know the name or # where I fax my stuff?

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 18, 2003, 01:04 AM

So what should I do? Do you know the name or # where I fax my stuff?
See above
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

vdrummer
Forum Regular
Mar 18, 2003, 01:06 AM

I also ordered mine on the10th through my campus store who placed the order that day. I just got off the phone with the Apple Education rep and they are still quoting me on or before March 25th. What gives? I'm not sure I understand the order in which they are choosing who to ship machines to. It was a standard build 17" machine. Also, why hasn't Apple announced that the 17" is shipping like they just did with the 1.42 GHz PowerMacs?

I not upset, just a little frustrated at the moment. I just want my PowerBook
relax. you've lived your entire life without it. you get to live the rest of your life with it. what if they weren't shipping until April? take the extra time to prepare; get all other obligations out of the way, so you have more time to enjoy the machine. gather up your favorite tunes, plan out some great mixes.

Forum Links
Forum Rules