Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Apple just got approval on my CC for 17"!!!

Apple just got approval on my CC for 17"!!!
Gromet
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 13, 2003, 04:01 PM

Just received an E-Mail from Apple stating that my Credit Card was not being approved. I realized that our Corporate card number changed about a month ago due to new cards being issued. I forgot to contact Apple to let them know this. Anyway, they just took the new info and got an approval while I waited on the phone.

I asked if this ment they were actually READY to ship and she said that they were told to get the approval so it should ship in they VERY near future, most likely the next few days. Those were her words. Just hope she has some clue as to the reality of the subject.

IT MAY ALMOST BE TIME EVERYONE!!!

Fingers Crossed!

Gromet

morlium
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 13, 2003, 04:22 PM

When I purchased a 1 GHz tower through Apple.com last year, my credit card company contacted me on a Saturday and the machine shipped the following Wednesday.

That being said, it still looks good for the 10-week deadline.
Michael Simon, Executive Editor
Collar and Carapace Press

chrisutley
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 13, 2003, 04:24 PM

Looks like the 17th might be a good day to ship a 17-inch. Don't you think?
MacBook and iMac Core 2 Duo 24"

crazyEric
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 13, 2003, 04:33 PM

This looks very promising! Thanks for the update!

cwasko
Senior User
Mar 13, 2003, 04:55 PM

Originally posted by Gromet:
Just received an E-Mail from Apple stating that my Credit Card was not being approved. I realized that our Corporate card number changed about a month ago due to new cards being issued. I forgot to contact Apple to let them know this. Anyway, they just took the new info and got an approval while I waited on the phone.

I asked if this ment they were actually READY to ship and she said that they were told to get the approval so it should ship in they VERY near future, most likely the next few days. Those were her words. Just hope she has some clue as to the reality of the subject.
When did you place your order?

Gromet  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 13, 2003, 05:02 PM

Pretty sure it was on the 10th, just a few days after the Keynote...

Gromet

donny31
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 13, 2003, 06:55 PM

IT MAY ALMOST BE TIME EVERYONE!!!

Fingers Crossed!

Gromet
off all the "he said she said" threads about shipping --this one is the most promising --thank you - this is real evidence --if a credit card company is billed then the product should go out in 72 hours --

Green Leaf
Forum Regular
Mar 13, 2003, 07:20 PM

i was told by an Apple employee that the 17's weren't shipping until mid April do to an over heating issue with the processor.

Gromet  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 13, 2003, 07:51 PM

Well the way I figure it, at least we have some ammunition now. My credit card has been charged, if my PowerBook does not ship in the next week, I will be very pissed off! If I pay for it I better have it in my hands QUICK. Now at least I can call and have something to complain about thats not a manufacturing delay, or anything. Apple had better not be charging for product they don't have ready to ship.

Gromet.

badnewsblair
Senior User
Mar 13, 2003, 08:18 PM

Thank you! Here's to hoping!
[ 15 inch Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo ][ 20 inch Intel iMac 2 GB RAM / 256 MB ATI XT 1600 ][ iPhone OG (3GS on Reservation)][ White iPod 5th Gen. 60GB ]

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 13, 2003, 09:01 PM

Tangible evidence!! Beautiful news! Keep us updated man!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

donny31
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 13, 2003, 09:02 PM

Originally posted by Green Leaf:
i was told by an Apple employee that the 17's weren't shipping until mid April do to an over heating issue with the processor.
Its the famous "APPLE employee" again --boy i would like to meet him or her or it!

Karim
Senior User
Mar 13, 2003, 09:08 PM

The Apple employee is round, black, with a little glass window. Sometimes it says "ask again"

bbales
Mac Elite
Mar 13, 2003, 10:26 PM

I''ve now had my 12-in for 4 weeks now (doesn't seem that long!), but I still remember the absolutely glee I felt to find out it had been shipped. In fact, that was the last time I'd checked my credit card to see if it had been charged. I had a routine -- check my status, double-check the Visa site, just to be sure... -- a couple times (really, 4 or 5!) a day.

I really, really hope these puppies are shipping soon, so all you people waiting for the 17-inch ones can have the experience those of us at the mini end of the scale felt.

And I've had no problems with mine, so I've been especially satisfied. OK, I had AEBS problems, but they've been fixed now.

Have fun, all. I'll be watching for further develoments.

beth

p.S. I forgot to mention, when my 3 daughters are home from shcool, I have a hard time getting my machine back from them! Even my Windows-loyalist husband (who would really like a Mac if he would give it a try) has played with it a little bit.

pamelah
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 13, 2003, 11:34 PM

Just because they are checking for approval doesn't mean they have charged your card yet. So don't get your hopes up. I had a similar experience with a product once and they checked for approval in advance but didn't charge/ship the item for another 3 weeks.
Architecture:Design | 17" alPB | 23" cinema display etc...

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 13, 2003, 11:47 PM

Originally posted by pamelah:
Just because they are checking for approval doesn't mean they have charged your card yet. So don't get your hopes up. I had a similar experience with a product once and they checked for approval in advance but didn't charge/ship the item for another 3 weeks.
Your sig says so much in so few words
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

chrisutley
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2003, 12:07 AM

You need to check with your card company and see if a CHARGE was put on the card or just an approval. If they CHARGED your card, that would be a very good sign. However, I've read at least once incident here where somebody was charged for their 17-inch (so they claim), by mistake.
MacBook and iMac Core 2 Duo 24"

Gromet  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 14, 2003, 08:55 AM

Checked with amex Business this morning...

$3,921.20
CHARGED @ 2:22pm on the 13th!!!!

Gromet.

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 14, 2003, 09:07 AM

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! Pardon me while I go run around the yard a couple of time
EDIT: Before I go run, LET US KNOW if your shipping information changes, and get on the phone w/ Apple and ask them what's going on, why your card has gotten charged, and when it's gonna ship!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Patcarla
Mac Elite
Mar 14, 2003, 09:12 AM

$3,921.20

Gromet.
Sounds good...
Powerbook 1.67ghz 15" (100GB HD, 128MB VRAM, 1.5GB RAM)

cwasko
Senior User
Mar 14, 2003, 09:18 AM

$3,921.20
Whoa. Dude. That rox. Hopefully it is becasue it is actually shipping and not some horrible billing mistake.

Gromet  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 14, 2003, 09:22 AM

As I have stated earlier, When I spoke to the accounting Dept. at Apple yesterday, she said that they were told to start billing because they were going to ship "Very Soon, like in the next few days"

We shall see...

Gromet.

donny31
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 14, 2003, 09:51 AM

$3,921.20

Gromet.
do us all a favor and check your order status hourly! keep us posted --this is good news --thats the first thing I did last night and I think its the first time i've ever WISHED the credit card company would charge me!

xMetal
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 14, 2003, 10:57 AM

yiiiiiipppppppiiiiiiieeeeee!!

it's about time. I ordered on the 1/14, hope mine gets out soon too.

Obviously, as with all major retailers/manufacturers, they will not charge you until they ship the product. I'd expect your machine to ship within a day or so.

There might even be laws about charging people money and not shipping in a timely fashion...

Looking good!

crazyEric
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 14, 2003, 11:08 AM

well, i just called MBNA/Apple Loan and asked what my balance was. Still at zero, waiting for that fateful charge. I ordered on 1/7

DJMike
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 14, 2003, 11:42 AM

Originally posted by crazyEric:
well, i just called MBNA/Apple Loan and asked what my balance was. Still at zero, waiting for that fateful charge. I ordered on 1/7

Eric,

what number did you use to call ?

crazyEric
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 14, 2003, 11:56 AM

1-888-637-6262 If you don't have your account number, enter in your SSN.

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 14, 2003, 01:11 PM

Ya know what just occured to me? How are you getting yours shipped (hopefully!) sooner than anyone else?

I forgot to ever ask your Order Date, and did you get a stock model or did you max out the RAM?

Just wondering about those little details to see if ordering quickest actually warrents to soonest shipping.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 17, 2003, 05:44 PM

To revive an old topic, has your PB shipped out yet?!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Gromet  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 17, 2003, 09:55 PM

Nope, no notice as of yet... mine was a BTO though, and It was definetly charged... confirmed with Amex multiple times. So now I will give apple till thursday before I start calling and complaining.

BTW, the BTO was just a mem upgrade to 1gig.

Gromet.

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 17, 2003, 10:09 PM

Hmmm...sorry to hear it hasn't shipped yet man. Keep us posted on what Apple says to charging you several days before shipping.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

bpsmith
Mar 17, 2003, 10:13 PM

Gromet:

Did you order through something other than the direct Apple Store (like the Education store or the corporate store [if one exists])? I haven't seen anyone who ordered through the Education store who has a tracking number yet (myself included).
Brad Smith
[email protected]

Gromet  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2003, 08:27 AM

No, ordered from the standard Apple Online Store. As of yet still not shipped. Interesting, first one charged, but not shipped... funny.

Gromet.

Forum Links
Forum Rules