Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Status of OOo Quartz Port?

Status of OOo Quartz Port?
ablaze
Dedicated MacNNer
May 2, 2003, 04:40 AM

I know they have much work to do on that project, but is there any info from the developers of the OOo Port for OSX on the status of the Quartz Port.
I think these guys do a great job getting us out of the M$ trap. Thanks again. But is there any updated information about when we could expect an alpha release of the Quartz port? I really want to help out at least writing bug reports, but I don't want to install X11 on my Mac.
I found on ooodocs.org that there are some problems with font handling that prevents 1.0.3.1 for OSX (X11) to get ready.

Sarah31
Forum Regular
May 2, 2003, 01:05 PM

probably best to ask the OOo people themselve of the status of the quartz project. i am sure you can find the info you need to get ahold of them on the OOo website.

normyzo
Dedicated MacNNer
May 2, 2003, 06:29 PM

Hi,

Most of our cool work is going on with NeoOffice (www.neooffice.org). Most of the core of NeoOffice will be folded back into OpenOffice.org this summer, when we move up to the latest OOo 1.1 sources and begin making regular releases along with the rest of the ports (hopefully).

We're trying to kick an OOo 1.0 X11 Final release for Mac OS X out the door very soon now.

Dan

ablaze  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 3, 2003, 03:05 AM

Originally posted by normyzo:
Hi,

Most of our cool work is going on with NeoOffice (www.neooffice.org). Most of the core of NeoOffice will be folded back into OpenOffice.org this summer, when we move up to the latest OOo 1.1 sources and begin making regular releases along with the rest of the ports (hopefully).

We're trying to kick an OOo 1.0 X11 Final release for Mac OS X out the door very soon now.

Dan
Thank you very much!

olli2
Forum Regular
May 3, 2003, 08:52 AM

Hi, I use OOo 1.0.1.3, it is excellent. I use in a Central European environment, and performs much better compared to Office X. In fact, Office X crashes with most of the apps from the PC, while OOo performs quite well (there are some compatiblity limitations with in place cropped pictures, otherwise, excellent).

I'd wish the startuptime of both X11 and OOo would be shorter (iBook 600, 384 MB, Ati Radeon 16 MB).

Waiting for the release of quart version!
iBook 600 (May 2002) | 384MB | ATi Radeon 7000 16 MB | Toshiba 20GB | CD-Rom

Forum Links
Forum Rules