Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Connecting the 17"PB to Nokia 21" monitor (445x)

Connecting the 17"PB to Nokia 21" monitor (445x)
TheHAN
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 5, 2003, 05:25 PM

Does anyone no of a solution to a "black screen" disease? I connected my 17PB to Nokia 21" 445x - The monitor seems to "wake up" (green status light and all) but black screen remained... also tried to look for any "add-on" I should put on the OSX - but nothing.. Ideas????

mousehouse
Mac Enthusiast
May 7, 2003, 09:28 AM

Originally posted by TheHAN:
Does anyone no of a solution to a "black screen" disease? I connected my 17PB to Nokia 21" 445x - The monitor seems to "wake up" (green status light and all) but black screen remained... also tried to look for any "add-on" I should put on the OSX - but nothing.. Ideas????
for me the monitor trick is to put the machine to sleep, then connect the monitor en then switch it on and have your PB come back from sleep. make sure you open the display settings. you're probably running on an unsupported resolution...
MacBook Pro 13"/2.66 (09/2010), Mac Mini c2d/1.83 (01/2008)

TheHAN  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 7, 2003, 04:30 PM

Originally posted by mousehouse:
for me the monitor trick is to put the machine to sleep, then connect the monitor en then switch it on and have your PB come back from sleep. make sure you open the display settings. you're probably running on an unsupported resolution...
Got that! Thanks - but the display settings are opened in each screen don't they? so if I cant see the 2nd screen I cant see the setting window either...
17" PB w/1GB RAM
New Switcher
Multimedia-Digital Art-Video Editing

Forum Links
Forum Rules