Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Strange Mouse Freezing

Strange Mouse Freezing
Phil Quinney
May 7, 2003, 12:05 PM

Hi All,

I've been having problems with the mouse on my MDD D867 for a while now. It will move around fine for a few minutes, then freeze up. The system is still working fine, I can use the keyboard with no problems. Sometimes the mouse will just start working again, sometimes I have to unplug it and plug it back in again to get it going again.

I have the mouse plugged into the keyboard, which is plugged into the G4 through the USB extension cable shipped with my machine.

Does anyone have any thoughts. I'm dreading calling Apple because they'll tell me I'm out of my 90 days troubleshooting and I'm a poor student!

Thanks,

Phil Quinney
PowerMac G4 MDD Dual 867 256MB
PowerBook 12" Revision C 768MB

drohde
May 9, 2003, 02:02 PM

I am having the EXACT same problem! Random mouse/cursor freezes (keyboard still functioning). Unplugging and replugging mouse into USB port on side of keyboard usually brings is back, but sometimes I have to reboot the Mac. This has just recently started happening (within the last 2 weeks). I have not installed or upgraded anything that could have made a change to my system.

G4/400/AGP/256MB/OS 9.2.2

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Dennis

Forum Links
Forum Rules