Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > HELP: Titanium Lid/Screen

HELP: Titanium Lid/Screen
abundrefo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 6, 2003, 03:49 PM

Hi

I have a 15" titanium here...It's brand new...four days old...
I have just noticed that the lid/screen, when closed, is not perfectly parallel to the body. There is a 2 millimeters gap on the left side, and on the right side the lid touches the surface of the body.

Is this normal? Is the lid of the titanium supposed to be malleable?

Thanks.

Andre
Playing the groove is like driving a fancy car: you drive slowly so all the people can check you out. - Wynton Marsalis.

iDaver
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 6, 2003, 05:08 PM

I don't want to suggest you do this with your brand new PowerBook. Perhaps you should just live with it but...I have read elsewhere that loosening the hinge screws slightly and re-tightening them can help with this alignment problem.

Maybe it would be best left to a professional.

justinf77
Forum Regular
Jul 6, 2003, 06:51 PM

www.radtech.us

Check out TiGlide, worked perfectly for mine. Same problem as you. Otherwise, take it to the Apple Store and have them do it.

euphras
Mac Elite
Jul 7, 2003, 03:00 PM

Take it to the Apple store, don�t waste your money upon Tiglide. It simply takes a Torx- and a Phillips driver and a little bit grease to solve it.

Macintosh Quadra 950, Centris 610, Powermac 6100, iBook dual USB, Powerbook 667 DVI, Powerbook 867 DVI, MacBook Pro early 2011

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jul 10, 2003, 09:20 PM

Just bend it a little by grabbing the upper corners of the screen when the lid is opened. And yes, I said 'a little'!

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

nayr x
Forum Regular
Jul 11, 2003, 01:39 PM

I know this probably isnt the smartest Idea, but what I did to 'bend' the screen to a more flush shape was to place a pen between the lid and computer (as if closing a pen in the computer) and using the pen as a fulcrum to gently tweak the shape of the lid. It worked alright for me (I still have gaps on either side, but they are smaller than they were.)

Forum Links
Forum Rules