Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > French GP Thread

French GP Thread
Agasthya
Professional Poster
Jul 6, 2003, 10:11 AM

Another brilliant result for Williams! Now only 3 points a drift of Ferrari in the constructors championship. Other than the favorable outcome, it was a really dull race. I wish the TV director had focused more on Rubens charge up than simply showing time splits between the two Williams drivers.

I think 3rd was the best any Bridgestone car could hope for - and those last set of tyres for Michael seemed to be doing the job rather well as he was catching up to Montoya at a ridiculous pace...

Hopefully we'll have 6 more Williams 1-2s this year

The Placid Casual
Professional Poster
Jul 6, 2003, 10:14 AM

Fair play to Williams, they have done well...

They are taking about having gained 1.5 seconds per lap in speed, because of their in season development program! Very good going.

F1 is still boring though, this race exceedingly so.

Peace,

Marc

ajprice
Professional Poster
Jul 6, 2003, 11:47 AM

Race wasn't great. Good to see the Mclaren refuelling guy was ok after Coulthard went off with the hose still on . At least the title is a bit closer now, with the williams drivers in with a shout of doing it now. And Agasthya, I hope the coverage you got was better than ITV's who put an advert break on as Ralf was on the last lap and about to win the race .

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

Rare Ink
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 6, 2003, 05:16 PM

What a boring race!

Hopefully Bridgestone will up their game soon, but Michelin's incredible rise has made the points table more interesting.

Bring on Silverstone and a possible Minardi 1-2 !

The Placid Casual
Professional Poster
Jul 6, 2003, 05:50 PM

Originally posted by ajprice:
Race wasn't great. Good to see the Mclaren refuelling guy was ok after Coulthard went off with the hose still on . At least the title is a bit closer now, with the williams drivers in with a shout of doing it now. And Agasthya, I hope the coverage you got was better than ITV's who put an advert break on as Ralf was on the last lap and about to win the race .
I too couldn't believe ITV 'excellent' advert placing, I though it was a joke or something!

Don't know if you noticed, but they messed up the actual advert break a few minutes later too, playing 3 minutes of mood music!

Although at least they tried...

The BBC owns the right to the Moto GP championship, probably the most exciting motor sport on the planet at the moment... Yet, they have to date not shown one race live, and only highlights at like 12am!!

It is scandalous, and I never thought I would say it, but I wish it were back on channel 5 who showed every race live.

As for F1, I really don't think there has been a truly 'great' race since they introduced refueling... I have been a fan for 18 years but now I am not bothered if I see the race or not...

However, I will not miss MotoGP (Valentino Rossi is plain awesome) or rallying... If they want to stay top of the pile, Mr Ecclestone needs to do something....

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2003, 01:32 AM

Originally posted by Agasthya:
Another brilliant result for Williams! Now only 3 points a drift of Ferrari in the constructors championship. Other than the favorable outcome, it was a really dull race. I wish the TV director had focused more on Rubens charge up than simply showing time splits between the two Williams drivers.

I think 3rd was the best any Bridgestone car could hope for - and those last set of tyres for Michael seemed to be doing the job rather well as he was catching up to Montoya at a ridiculous pace...

Hopefully we'll have 6 more Williams 1-2s this year
Though I'm a rabid Ferrari fan It is good to see another team win but Shuey needs one more championship to win for his mom.

Anyway COULD THE FRENCH SUCK MORE?? That director would cut his shots while the audience was looking for drivers cutting over the pit exit white line..WTF?? And while there were battles going on the director would stay in Ralf's cockpit shot...WHO CARES?? we know he's in front and winning SHOW US THE RACE FOR POSITION BEHIND HIM... UUGGHH!!! THE FRENCH SUCK!!!!

Agasthya

Do you go to the USGP at Indy?? I drive 12 hours from NJ to see it. Been going since 2000 though interest has fallen since then but it is still a fun weekend.
( Last edited by stevesnj; Jul 9, 2003 at 01:39 AM. )
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 9, 2003, 01:43 AM

cavernousanus

Do NOT pass go.. You are getting a cell.

Forum Links
Forum Rules