Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > HELP! Can't access Apache web pages!

HELP! Can't access Apache web pages!
Neilwhit
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 28, 2001, 09:07 PM

All of a sudden a couple of days ago, I couldn't access my web site on my OSX computer (on @Home cable). The primary name server is working just fine. I can also access the computer through other authorized ports/services just fine. Just can't get my web site.

If I am on the computer, I can get the web site just fine using either the IP address or the domain name. That had me thinking there was a firewall problem, but I even tried it with the firewall off and still couldn't get my web site.

I haven't changed any config files lately and its been working fine for a couple months. I have had a couple of power outages in the last few days, but the cpu and cable modem are on a UPS. I did lose my IP address in Network settinsg each time, so the ISP must have had an interuption in service in this area also. But I put the IP address back in just as I've done several times before with no problem.

I'm not an Apache/Unix guru by a long shot. Could anybody give me some ideas as to what I can check? How can I be getting the pages just fine from this computer but not others? And why can I access this computer through other ports but not my web site? HELP!!!
G5 2.0; 15 " AlumPB 1.5
Miscl. other Macs
10.4.x

Neilwhit  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 29, 2001, 05:16 PM

NEVER MIND! Just found out @Home is blocking port 80 stuff. Can't use a server on @Home. There goes my OSX fun! Just when it was getting interesting. Can't afford a commercial account for just fooling around.
G5 2.0; 15 " AlumPB 1.5
Miscl. other Macs
10.4.x

Forum Links
Forum Rules