Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Toast 4.0.1.1 and MP3's

Toast 4.0.1.1 and MP3's
ewiesner
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 13, 2000, 11:36 PM

I am trying to burn MP3's with Toast 4.0.1.1 and a Yamaha 8424s without any success. I have tried to place the MP3 files into Toast as a audio file. To which Toast says this is not an audio file. I have converted the MP3s to AIFF files with MPecker Drop decoder and everytime I try to burn the CD, Toast indicates it is burning the CD, but after a couple of minutes the progress bar stops moving as does the clock, the cursor continues to spin. I have waited from 40 minutes to an 1 1/2 hours for it to complete. At this point I have to force the machine to reboot. I am using Conflict Catcher to reduce the number of extension that load to the bare minimum, I have slowed the burn down to 1X, 2X, and 4X speeds to no avail. The blank is not burned even though Toast says the burn has started. I have been successful burning data CD's and have burned audio CD's from an audio CD, but no luck with MP3 files. I am using a PPC7500 with a newer G3 300 1mg cache PCI card. Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

seanstevens
Mar 14, 2000, 08:39 PM

You need toast 4 deluxe. You have Toast 4.

The version bundled w/cd-Rs does not do 90% of the stuff you see toast 4 deluxe advertised as doing.

Forum Links
Forum Rules