Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Wtb: Pb1400

Wtb: Pb1400
Zimmerman
Mac Elite
Aug 31, 2003, 01:11 PM

I'm looking for a PowerBook 1400. It HAS to be in working order, and have a CD-ROM drive. I don't care much about speed or how much ram it has (preferrably more than 16mb, of course), nor do I care which OS is installed, or what the HDD size is etc. I don't care about its over all condition, just that the screen be in decent shape. Hollar if you either have one you wouldn't mind letting go, or if you know of one.

Thanks

Donate your spare cycles - join TeamNN today!
Remember to check the Marketplace!

rjt1000
Senior User
Aug 31, 2003, 11:57 PM

hi,

i have a 1400c, 64mb ram, 6 gig HD, floppy and CD and zip 100 expansion bays, G3 250 mhz newertech upgrade, ethernet PCMCIA card. very good condition with orig box and accessories and fully functional.

care to make an offer?

best wishes,

rich

Nilram
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 1, 2003, 01:06 AM

I've got a pb 1400cs/133 with a brand new screen if your interested. It's also got CD and floppy expansion bays, global village PCMCIA modem. The screen is BRAND NEW.. Less than 10 hours use. Installed by a service center in Sacremento, CA a couple years ago. For some reason the bottom half of the screen has vertical lines running through it. Other than that one flaw it works perfectly. If you wanted to fiddle with that and fix it it would make a good computer. It's got (I believe) OS 8.5 on it. Also has carrying case. If your interested email [email protected] and make an offer.

Thanks.
If you would like to contact me, please use my icq number. 8273989

Zimmerman  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 1, 2003, 01:35 AM

Originally posted by rjt1000:
hi,

i have a 1400c, 64mb ram, 6 gig HD, floppy and CD and zip 100 expansion bays, G3 250 mhz newertech upgrade, ethernet PCMCIA card. very good condition with orig box and accessories and fully functional.

care to make an offer?

best wishes,

rich
I've really only got about $50+shipping budgeted. I'm guessing you want more than that, since yours is nicely equipped and all. I'd be happy to take it for that price, but I'm obviously not expecting you to sell for that little.

quickreflex02
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 1, 2003, 11:25 AM

Hey,
I have a almost new 1400cs with every accessory that I have to sell. e-mail me if you are interested. [email protected]

rjt1000
Senior User
Sep 1, 2003, 12:18 PM

hi zimmerman,

yeah, $50 wouldnt be a reasonable price for a fully loaded and upgraded 1400C. (and my old friend is happy on retirement as my fax machine)

if i were you, i would probably shop on eBay. at times the basic 1400 CS models have gone pretty cheap.

but $50 is a pretty limited budget. you might want to wait a month or so, since the "back to school" rush seems to inflate eBay bidprices.

one of the posters on pb source has a 1400 he bought fairly cheap and may be interested to sell since he then bought a wallstreet. perhaps you want to email him (his email is noted in the following link)

http://www.pbsource.com/forum/index.cgi?read=15459

best wishes,

rich (pismo g3 500)

rjt1000
Senior User
Sep 1, 2003, 09:11 PM

hey zimmerman,

heres one:

http://www.applefritter.com/cgi-bin/...num=1061611151

best wishes,

rich

Zimmerman  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 1, 2003, 10:51 PM

Hey, thanks for all your help, Rich. Unfortunatly, my PB1400 budget just went to about $0.50, so I appreciate your help, but it'll be a while before I get one. I want one to play some seriously old games on (that require black and white) and thats just not a real high priority item for this college student. :/ But thanks for your help!

Forum Links
Forum Rules