Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > likelihood of recieving new pbooks by 9/27 - bundle rebate

likelihood of recieving new pbooks by 9/27 - bundle rebate
schk
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 16, 2003, 08:25 AM

What do people think about ordering the new powerbooks and the education bundles. I'm purchasing a stock 12" powerbook, and it's listing ship est 5-7 days. I plan on paying for expedited shipping. Do you think it will arrive by the required 9/27 date? I've never bought anything on launch days, so I'm curious about their estimations for delivery.
( Last edited by schk; Sep 16, 2003 at 08:42 AM. )

mattm42
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 16, 2003, 08:44 AM

I believe that you just need to have actually made the order by the 27th. I was looking at the details of that offer the other day and saw that the rebate itself doesn't need to be sent to Apple until sometime in October or November (can't remember which).

So, the scenario is that you just order it by the 27th, wait for everything to show-up, then send the rebate in, even if it's October by then.

Though, I could be wrong.

schk  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 16, 2003, 08:50 AM

That's the wierd thing about this rebate. It states place an order and "take possession" of it by 9/27th. Also the rebate form only has checkboxes for old iPods, although the rebate terms are for *any* iPod. Hopefully that won't mess any processing of these rebates. While I've recieved every single rebate I've ever sent in for, I'm just worried after reading some reports of Apple never sending people rebates for valid purchases. I'll be taking photos of all the stuff and saving photocopies as usual though. Anyways, in the chance I don't recieve my order by 9/27, I'll just sell my iPod on ebay to break even and wait for a better deal like w/ Dell coupons. But hopefully I'll get them in time

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2003, 09:01 AM

People on SpyMac are posting their SHIPMENT emails from Apple on their new PowerBooks already!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

schk  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 16, 2003, 09:03 AM

That's nice to hear. Heh, I just noticed the official 2x superdrive specs. Now I have to switch my order from base 12 pb to superdrive equipped one

mattm42
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 16, 2003, 09:14 AM

Originally posted by schk:
It states place an order and "take possession" of it by 9/27th.
Yes, but then this line throws me off:

The envelope enclosing your completed original coupon, proof(s) of purchase, and UPC/bar code labels must be postmarked within 30 days of your purchase date and received no later than November 15, 2003.

It just seems like having it due no later than 11/15 is silly if it need to be postmarked by 9/27.

But, it does indeed say that you need to "take possession" by the 27th. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

schk  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 16, 2003, 09:24 AM

I just got off the phone w/ the promotions department who handles the rebates. She said that there are backordered products and such on top of the new Powerbooks so the line "take possession" isn't really being followed. However, she took down my name to record that she told me that I would be eligible. So, you should be fine. It seems they are being lenient on this rebate. However, if you are paranoid like me about possibly losing a $200 rebate, give them a call 888-767-4854

Forum Links
Forum Rules