Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > PowerBook 15" WristPad Heat

PowerBook 15" WristPad Heat
eightoeight
Forum Regular
Sep 28, 2003, 03:50 AM

I was wondering how hot everyone elses wristpads were getting. Mine are making me sweaty...reminds me of the 12" PowerBook temperature when I had a touch at the University Bookstore.

Hopefully this won't be a problem with the new PowerBook I will be getting since this one is having problems with the latch, screen, and didn't come configured properly (2 x 256 instead of 1 x 512).

mrtew
Professional Poster
Sep 28, 2003, 09:50 AM

My wrists are nice and cool. Oh wait, you were probably talking about the new 15" powerbooks weren't you? My Ti keeps my lap warm and my palms cold.

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

Cincojoe
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 28, 2003, 10:54 AM

is that a good thing?....
Power Mac 2.0 with 4GB RAM

machem
Forum Regular
Sep 28, 2003, 11:28 AM

My palm/wrist rests are the coolest part of my machine. In my case, they haven't even been warm, unless you count warming from my palms themselves.

Dave Hagan
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 28, 2003, 11:56 AM

I had the same problems. My computer would get so hot, progressively, that it was uncomfortable to type on after awhile. VERY annoying. Not annoying at first, because it didn't use it extensively enough for it to get hot. I then had battery life issues, so Apple let me return it. After reading about all the issues with the 15-inch, and the fact that I have problems with the Ti's in the past I'm thinking I'm cursed
Dave Hagan | Apple Certified Technical Coordinator | iMac G5 1.9GHz | PowerBook G4 1.5GHz | Power Mac G4 933 MHz

Sakino
Senior User
Sep 28, 2003, 01:12 PM

Cool as can be. I hae ran my computer all dayy and to tell u the truth its never gotten hot on the wrist areas.

Nessie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 28, 2003, 01:32 PM

Have you reconditioned the battery, or charged it like Apple tells you to? I've been reading that it helps with the heat. Also, are you running on AC or battery when it gets hot?

eightoeight  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 28, 2003, 05:52 PM

I'm talking about when it's plugged in. I guess it makes sense for it to get hotter...but like... 12" PB Hot seems a bit much.

cdhostage
Mac Elite
Sep 28, 2003, 06:58 PM

Now introducing the new PowerBook with Plutonium� Wrist Rests. Keeps ice from forming on your laptop.

Note : the Surgeon General warns that eating Powerbooks may be hazardous to your health.
Actual conversation between UCLA and Stanford during a login on early Internet - U: I'm going to type an L! Did you get an L? S: I got one-one-four. L! U:Did you get the O? S: One-one-seven. U: <types G> S: The computer just crashed.

ae86_16v
Mac Elite
Sep 28, 2003, 07:24 PM

Originally posted by Sakino:
Cool as can be. I hae ran my computer all dayy and to tell u the truth its never gotten hot on the wrist areas.
Yup, like wise, it has never gotten hot, not even warm.

I have used it for about 4 to 5 hours straight and it wasn't even warm.

Went on the battery for about 3 hrs and still no warmness (word?).

Forum Links
Forum Rules