Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > White Spots, Definitive Fix?

White Spots, Definitive Fix?
mainemanx
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 20, 2003, 06:24 PM

I called Apple today to report my PowerBook as having the "White Pox." The rep convinced me they have a definitive fix. Then, against my better judgment, in a very quiet voice, I said, "OK, Airborne me the return carton."

Has anyone sent in theirs and gotten it back with NO SPOTS? Am I stupid? Should I wait until people start reporting their spots gone following a return to Apple before I send in mine? ('Of course if everyone waited ... )

P.S. It's contagious!!!! 'Cranked up my 500 iBook and it has one lonely SPOT that I had never before noticed. This all may be caused by some sort of mental telepathy ... staring at the screen, looking for spots actually causes the spots
HWMO: 2.5gHz DP G5, 1.25 gHz 15" AL PB, 1st Gen iPod, Shuffle
SWMBO: 0.8 gHz 15" FP iMac, 0.5 gHz iBook, 3rd Gen iPod, Shuffle

machem
Forum Regular
Oct 20, 2003, 06:41 PM

Originally posted by mainemanx:
I called Apple today to report my PowerBook as having the "White Pox." The rep convinced me they have a definitive fix. Then, against my better judgment, in a very quiet voice, I said, "OK, Airborne me the return carton."

Has anyone sent in theirs and gotten it back with NO SPOTS? Am I stupid? Should I wait until people start reporting their spots gone following a return to Apple before I send in mine? ('Of course if everyone waited ... )

I've been spot-free since Friday. I am fairly sure that what got done was the "definitive fix". Now, whether that holds up is another issue, but I still have the return box sitting here....

mainemanx  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 20, 2003, 09:29 PM

OK, box comes tomorrow ... I'll send it off. I also complained about the fan and the lousy trackpad button ... we'll see how they do with those

In the meantime it's the ol' iBook and the wife's FP iMac ... which she seldom lets me use
HWMO: 2.5gHz DP G5, 1.25 gHz 15" AL PB, 1st Gen iPod, Shuffle
SWMBO: 0.8 gHz 15" FP iMac, 0.5 gHz iBook, 3rd Gen iPod, Shuffle

Forum Links
Forum Rules