Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Getting a returned G5?

Getting a returned G5?
lessthandmb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 1, 2003, 11:08 AM

I ordered my G5 on october 27th. Its on its way now according to the FedEx site but I noticed something interesting. Before my order there seems to be other actions with the same tracking number. What does this mean?

Oct 27, 2003 12:00 am

Customer-Loaded Trailer Picked Up

SACRAMENTO, CA

Oct 13, 2003 3:01 am

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

SAN FRANCISCO, CA

Oct 9, 2003 4:57 pm

Package information transmitted to FedEx

SACRAMENTO, CA

zigzag
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2003, 12:49 PM

I don't know for certain but I suspect that those reflect the original shipments to Apple and/or the distribution center. I ordered something a while back that had similar tracking information that pre-dated my order. Seems like some products get tracking numbers from the time they're manufactured. But you might want to call Apple to be sure.

lessthandmb  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 1, 2003, 03:43 PM

I just recieved my g5 a few minutes ago, and so far im 99% sure this was not a returned item. I saw people were recieving three black panther discs, but I only recieved one grey one saying "software Install and Restore". Does this mean I'll have to buy panther seperately or is it already installed on the G5, and thats the reason for no upgrade discs?

striker100
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2003, 06:09 PM

Well you've got two choices, start her up & find out if Panther's installed, or call AppleCare and ask if they know.
You shouldn't have to pay for Panther if you ordered the G5 after the Panther release.
I bought a 17" Powerbook on Saturday the day after the Panther release & Panther discs were in the box, but Jaguar was preinstalled.

lessthandmb  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 1, 2003, 06:15 PM

I dont want to start it up without a internet connection so I'll wait till tommorow to see what happens.

Forum Links
Forum Rules