Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Question on Freeway Express

Question on Freeway Express
bbales
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2003, 11:58 AM

OK, I'm a complete newbie at web pages. I'm going to get .mac (my trial is almost done) and was thinking of also getting Freeway Express, to make fancier web pages. Downloaded a trial and it's MORE than I'll ever need.

So I made a really dumb page, just to try it out. Got to the "upload" part, and I don't know what to do. That's OK, I'll figure it out (doing the tutorial would probably help!) -- but before I plunk down 100 bucks, I want to make sure you can use this program with .mac. You can, right? I know a couple people have made really nice pages using Dreamweaver, with their .mac accounts.

Thanks in advance. (also posted this in Web development, in case you see this twice.)

MojoRising022
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 21, 2003, 12:16 PM

Regardless of what tool you are using, the web page editor should generate an html file. One way or another, you should be able to upload the files to .mac.

Have you taken a look at Macromedia Contribute? It is a simple WYSIWYG editor and is discounted for .mac members. It also works directly with .mac.

chezpaul
Senior User
Nov 21, 2003, 12:27 PM

Yeah but Contribute if U'd tried it out is more of a fixing/updating info of your sites than a site creator...

I don't know about uploading directly from Freeway but I know U can drag all the html and pics files to your site folder on your idisk.
Dual 1 Gig DDR & 15' Powerbook 867 MHz, Sony Ericsson T637 phone

bbales  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2003, 12:43 PM

thanks for the help. Of course, now I'm thinking to myself that it's still kind of a lot of money for something that is essentially just for fun...

Oh well, I'm doing an Apple order today (finally getting Panther!), so I'll have to decide. I have a coupon I want to use. I'll see how I feel when I get to the "add to order" buttons!

That said, Freeway was kind of neat. And the pages would be vastly snappier than the ones on .mac.

Macanoid
Senior User
Nov 21, 2003, 01:27 PM

Freeway (Express) is an awesome program. Of course it'll work perfectly with .Mac, but just make sure you name your index page index.html.

Synchronizing Freeway (Express) with .Mac is just as easy. Just make sure you have your iDisk mounted before doing so.

For those who like Conribute, an action is in the works that'll make Freeway (not sure about the Express version) work just fine with Contribute!!

For those who don't know, Freeway is not only totally amazing, but it's Mac only, which always brings a smile to my face!

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2003, 02:17 PM

Freeway Express looks like it'll be a modern-day replacement for Claris HomePage (remember that?). I've come close to buying the full version (the Freeway website has some great screenshots), before the Express edition was released, but now I think is the time to order Freeway Express.

Forum Links
Forum Rules