Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Squeaky case (15 inch Albook)

Squeaky case (15 inch Albook)
jcb9
Dec 3, 2003, 04:03 AM

I got a 15 inch Combo Drive Albook about a month ago, and unlike some on this forum, mine has been great. I do have one small concern with the case, though. The lower right hand corner (the area of the optical drive) seems a tiny bit, err, out of whack. When I close the lid, it doesn't quit shut all the way in the lower right hand corner - there's a little gap between the base and the lid. Not a big gap, but enough to be noticeable. Also, lately I've noticed that when I press or put pressure in that corner, over the optical drive, it makes a little sort of squeaky sound.

Everything, including the optical drive, works perfectly, but I'm wondering - are these signs that I could have a problem with the case in the future? Should I be worried, or are these common things for the current 15 inch models?

Crusoe
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 3, 2003, 05:26 AM

Mine makes the squeaky sound as well, quess that's the compromise for having a relatively thin laptop. As for the lid, there's suppose to be some space between there.
If a group of mimes are miming a forest and one falls down, does he make a sound?

jcb9  (op)
Dec 3, 2003, 02:07 PM

Originally posted by Crusoe:
Mine makes the squeaky sound as well, quess that's the compromise for having a relatively thin laptop. As for the lid, there's suppose to be some space between there.
Well yeah, but it's uneven - it closes quite snugly on the left side, but on the right side there's a gap.

I'm sure it's probably nothing - my old clamshell iBook survived three years of my abuse but it became rather, err, rugged, so I'm trying to be gentler with my new machine.

Forum Links
Forum Rules