Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Want to re-do Panther with format & install, but don't have my original discs

Want to re-do Panther with format & install, but don't have my original discs
Andrman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 16, 2003, 05:23 PM

I installed Panther while I was at college, and now I'm home on winter break. I originally installed it the "normal" way, but I am feeling that a format and install is the best way. I'd also like to ditch Classic.

The problem is, I left my Panther discs at school. My family has a 5-pack Family Bundle thing, can I use those discs (without counting against their 5 licenses)?

Oops sorry didn't realize I was in the PowerBook forum, possibly a mod could move it...

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 17, 2003, 05:06 AM

If you use the 5-pack bundle, realize that the software that came bundled with your machine (games, office software, whatever) won't be installed.

Panther out of the box is just the OS with all Apple applications, but no more.

You can install that software later from your software restore disk, but you may lose some of the authorizations/registrations (GraphicConverter for example, reverts to unregistered status).

-s*

Forum Links
Forum Rules