Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FT: Loaded G3 600mhz iBook for PBG4

FT: Loaded G3 600mhz iBook for PBG4
teknik
Forum Regular
Dec 26, 2003, 05:38 PM

I really need the G4 processor, Im in school for graphic design and the G3 just isnt cutting it for my needs anymore. Alas, I must part with it. Im looking for a trade of my iBook for a 500-800mhz good/great condition used Powerbook G4.

My iBook specs are as follows:

G3 600mhz
640MB RAM
Combo Drive (DVD/CD-RW)
12.1 Screen
-Power Cable
-AV Cable
-Applecare until May 05
-Panther loaded onto it

I will include the original box aswell if wanted. Im looking for a strict trade.

If anyone is interested let me know. I have pictures available aswell.

mrgaskell
Senior User
Dec 27, 2003, 04:36 AM

You are going to have to add some $$$ to get a trade out of someone. Any G4 PB for your G3 iBook with only 100mhz system bus is going to be a tough sell. You may be better off selling it and buying a G4 iBook. They sell for only $999 with an education discount. G4 12" PB with a Combo are going for $1299 (I believe) with the discount as well. With yours having a combo drive, $650 to $700 is a good starting point for a sale or trade value. Good luck with school.
BlackBook 2Ghz C2D, 2GB, 120GB HD | Black 80GB iPod 5.5 | 8GB Red iPod Nano |
Check out my personal and classroom sites!

Forum Links
Forum Rules