Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > iPod feature I'd like

iPod feature I'd like
unimaxium
Jan 5, 2004, 09:14 PM

I just submitted a request for an iPod feature to apple:
I wanted to provide some feedback about a feature I think would be nice for the iPod. It would be great if on the dock and/or somewhere on the iPod there could be a button that unmounted the iPod from the connected computer when the iPod has firewire disk mode enabled. It can be somewhat frustrating when I have to wake my computer up from its screensaver every morning so that I can drag my iPod's disk icon to the trash and wait for it to unmount before I can take my iPod out of its dock and head out the door. I often wish there were just a button I could push, instead of having to slide my keyboard tray out to get to the mouse every time. Thank you.
Do you think that would be a good thing to have on an iPod? Any opinions? Just wanted to see if other people felt the same way about having to unmount it all the time as I do.

kpne1home
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 5, 2004, 10:13 PM

It would be nice. I don't have a dock though.

khufuu
Jan 5, 2004, 10:48 PM

I never leave mine mounted so this is not an issue for me.

What I wouldn't mind seeing is the date/time on the display when playing songs. I'm always wondering what time it is....

jld
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 5, 2004, 10:57 PM

My brother has his set so the clock is displayed while playing. The clock is at the top of the display. I dunno how thought, as I've got an old school iPod and have never bothered to get it like that.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 5, 2004, 11:05 PM

It can be somewhat frustrating when I have to wake my computer up from its screensaver every morning so that I can drag my iPod's disk icon to the trash and wait for it to unmount before I can take my iPod out of its dock and head out the door.
I agree. I just drag it to the trash at night so but leave it plugged in to charge. In the morning I can unplug it without waking the Mac.

Chris

Bluebomber21XX
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2004, 11:46 PM

Originally posted by unimaxium:
I just submitted a request for an iPod feature to apple:

Do you think that would be a good thing to have on an iPod? Any opinions? Just wanted to see if other people felt the same way about having to unmount it all the time as I do.
I don't understand how a 3 second operation can be frustrating. If it bothers you so, you should consider unmounting it the night before, or using command-e to unmount it via the keyboard.
The online resource for Rockman & Forte!
http://www.bluebomber.com/

khufuu
Jan 6, 2004, 11:23 AM

Originally posted by jld:
My brother has his set so the clock is displayed while playing. The clock is at the top of the display. I dunno how thought, as I've got an old school iPod and have never bothered to get it like that.
Does he have the most recent rev of the iPod? I have the second gen version; perhaps they've already done this in the third gen.

unimaxium  (op)
Jan 6, 2004, 10:52 PM

I've got a pretty new 3G

Forum Links
Forum Rules