Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Powerbook sightings in "Confessions"

Powerbook sightings in "Confessions"
zankoku
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 23, 2004, 04:28 PM

Just thought I'd drop this here, because it really took me by surprise this weekend.

Went to watch Disney's "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" with my gf (big Disney fan) yesterday, and sighted an orchestra of Powerbook G4s. In the big show-finale--an updated version of Pygmalion/My Fair Lady called "Eliza Rocks"--the entire score was apparently composed on Powerbooks. Literally, the school orchestra didn't have any instruments other than Powerbooks plus a DJ and his turntables, and the drama teacher can be heard saying "Students, ready your bars," or something to that effect. Anyway, lots of shots scrolling past an orchestra of Powerbooks using some sort of music software.

I wouldn't suggest you go see it just for the above, but if you're going to go anyway keep an eye out.

saranwarp
Forum Regular
Feb 23, 2004, 05:10 PM

A Powerbook was in the finale of Sex and the City, too (looked like a 15" Al)...but that's nothing new.

dantley
Forum Regular
Feb 23, 2004, 11:47 PM

Originally posted by zankoku:
Just thought I'd drop this here, because it really took me by surprise this weekend.

Went to watch Disney's "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" with my gf (big Disney fan) yesterday, and sighted an orchestra of Powerbook G4s. In the big show-finale--an updated version of Pygmalion/My Fair Lady called "Eliza Rocks"--the entire score was apparently composed on Powerbooks. Literally, the school orchestra didn't have any instruments other than Powerbooks plus a DJ and his turntables, and the drama teacher can be heard saying "Students, ready your bars," or something to that effect. Anyway, lots of shots scrolling past an orchestra of Powerbooks using some sort of music software.

I wouldn't suggest you go see it just for the above, but if you're going to go anyway keep an eye out.
last time i saw a PB in sex and the city it was a pismo.

shabbasuraj
Mac Elite
Feb 24, 2004, 12:18 AM

I saw a PB on Average Joe today...

with the glowing Apple covered with silver tape...

jokes...
blabba5555555555555555555555555555555555555

saranwarp
Forum Regular
Feb 24, 2004, 04:43 AM

Originally posted by dantley:
last time i saw a PB in sex and the city it was a pismo.
Yeah, they upgraded

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 24, 2004, 05:45 PM

"Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" and Big Disney fan

Your gf is not a fan of Lindsay Lohan, right?

Actually, I watched the Lizzie McGuire on Disney Channel once a while. I saw there were a couple old CRT iMac were being used. However, the iMacs were unplugged. How pathetic it was while a person was sitting in-front of the iMac and typing/looking at the screen.. but without power.

bkb
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 25, 2004, 01:09 PM

Something's Gotta Give features a 15" TiBook, but Jack uses a Viao so that was a little disappointing.

Also, in "Love Actually" - at the final scene at the airport, there are huge Mac posters in the background which brought a smile to my face since i was being dragged to the movie for the second time by my girl.

Also, just saw The Saint again on TV which had Val Kilmer typing with one hand on a really old PB using some really wierd email application.

Also, check out the "Hold Everything" and Pottery Barn catalogues.

Enjoy!
PBG4/12"/1GHz/1.25GB/60GB//SD/APX/10.3

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 25, 2004, 07:11 PM

I saw an American Express commercial the other night featuring someone from "Queer Eye," I think it was. He was using a laptop. My daughter and I were very pleased... she was, especially, as she was using my 12-in PB at the time.

Forum Links
Forum Rules