Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Why are there no Seinfeld DVDs?

Why are there no Seinfeld DVDs?
MOTHERWELL
Senior User
Mar 2, 2004, 08:24 PM

They keep playing the SAME ONES over and over......or maybe I have seen them all.

RAzaRazor
Mac Elite
Mar 2, 2004, 08:33 PM

wolfen
Mac Elite
Mar 2, 2004, 08:46 PM

Yeah, that link pretty much reinforces my opinion of Jerry Seinfeld.

After what they did together, don't you just hand these people at least a few million dollars a piece and say "Thanks for making the show a great success...it was great working with you and I wish you a wonderful life." ?

I will do some breathing exercises, relax, and watch The School of Rock.

wolfen
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

MOTHERWELL  (op)
Senior User
Mar 2, 2004, 09:03 PM

I knew that was the reason! That's unfortunate that they don't have something worked out like the cast of Friends.

A stand up comedian a billionaire! The author of a childrens novel a billionaire (JK Rowling)! I am going to start writing books about jokes and be a bajillionaire.

vmpaul
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2004, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by MOTHERWELL:
I am going to start writing books about jokes and be a bajillionaire.
Remember us little people when you make it.
The only thing that I am reasonably sure of is that anybody who's got an ideology has stopped thinking. - Arthur Miller

ryju
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2004, 09:58 PM

I've been waiting for this news for so long.

Ozmodiar
Mac Elite
Mar 2, 2004, 11:05 PM

Originally posted by MOTHERWELL:
I knew that was the reason! That's unfortunate that they don't have something worked out like the cast of Friends.

A stand up comedian a billionaire! The author of a childrens novel a billionaire (JK Rowling)! I am going to start writing books about jokes and be a bajillionaire.
Seinfeld is a millionaire. The show, Seinfeld, has made over a billion dollars.

ghost_flash
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2004, 11:18 PM

Originally posted by Ozmodiar:
Seinfeld is a millionaire. The show, Seinfeld, has made over a billion dollars.
Did you read the article?

"The three co-stars have no share in the royalties, which reportedly have netted Seinfeld more than a billion dollars."

Looks like 1,000,000,000 Dollars to me. That is just royalties!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeee-it.

<<<<<<<<<<<faint>>>>>>>>>>>>

IceBreaker
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2004, 11:22 PM

I would never do it of course,but I suppose it is possible to download the episodes online?

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Mar 2, 2004, 11:33 PM

It's sad when a show with chemistry has a guy that thinks that HE is the show.

It was the four that made the show. Maybe Jerry should get a slightly larger cut, but give me a break...

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Mar 3, 2004, 12:06 AM

He is the show. Blame their agents for getting them crappy contracts but this is not a composite show like Friends. Seinfeld was the star, creator, a writer, and producer so he should have a far larger share than the rest of the cast. The Friends cast probably still get less than the creators of the show. While there should have been a better royalties share done the show was Seinfelds.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

MaxPower2k3
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2004, 12:12 AM

well, him and Larry David (probably the funniest man on TV right now (Curb Your Enthusiasm on HBO for those who don't know))

"I start fires!"

NYCFarmboy
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2004, 12:15 AM

Originally posted by mitchell_pgh:
It's sad when a show with chemistry has a guy that thinks that HE is the show.

It was the four that made the show. Maybe Jerry should get a slightly larger cut, but give me a break...
My favorite is Elaine...

and eating the 50 year old wedding cake.

Can't wait for them to come out..I will buy the entire collection. But its not like they are not already on 24 hours a day anyhow. I just hope it has the banned episodes..like the Puerto Rican Day parade one.

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 3, 2004, 12:43 AM

Originally posted by IceBreaker:
I would never do it of course,but I suppose it is possible to download the episodes online?
I have no qualms with downloading stuff you can't otherwise buy. I downloaded nearly all of Seinfeld and am thinking of redownloading in hopes to get better quality (and the full collection). When the DVDs are released, I'll get those too. Seinfeld is a great show and it would suck to be limited to only the re-runs.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 3, 2004, 12:46 AM

Finally! I've been waiting for years it seems. I didn't know why the DVDs were delayed, but I had a feeling money had something to do with it.
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 3, 2004, 12:51 AM

Originally posted by Xeo:
I have no qualms with downloading stuff you can't otherwise buy. I downloaded nearly all of Seinfeld and am thinking of redownloading in hopes to get better quality (and the full collection). When the DVDs are released, I'll get those too. Seinfeld is a great show and it would suck to be limited to only the re-runs.
Same here. Years of downloading and taping/converting... but no more. I look forward to buying every single season on DVD.
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

Nonsuch
Professional Poster
Mar 3, 2004, 12:54 AM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
He is the show. Blame their agents for getting them crappy contracts but this is not a composite show like Friends. Seinfeld was the star, creator, a writer, and producer so he should have a far larger share than the rest of the cast.
Absolutely. Had the show tanked�and it probably wouldn't survive if it debuted today, since it took so long to find its direction�it would've been Seinfeld's name permanently attached to a flop; Alexander, Louis-Dreyfus et al would've had naught but a blip on their CVs.
Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them.

-- Frederick Douglass, 1857

Forum Links
Forum Rules