Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > >>>>IT SHIPPED>>>>

>>>>IT SHIPPED>>>> (Page 2)
HeatMiser
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 22, 2001, 10:16 PM

Just called Apple and had them call FedEx to change my shipping address so I wouldn't have my sweet, sweet OSX delivered to my office instead of my home (since, of course, I won't be at my office on Saturday).

Sweet butter. I don't care what the trolls say; I'm buying a new dual processor Mac this summer, and it's GOING TO KICK ASS. I'll set it right beside my iMacDVSE and my iBookSE.

COME ON!

------------------
The suspense is terrible...I hope it'll last.
I am the harsh nemesis of all that is unclean!

MacAgent
Senior User
Mar 23, 2001, 02:22 AM

My copy has arrived at the local FedEx place (5 miles away), so I called them and they said that I couldn't pick it up yet. Bastards. But they said they'd probably deliver it tomorrow. WAHOO!

------------------
d

ctishue
Mar 23, 2001, 03:22 AM

Hmmm my package left Middletown, PA like 7 hours ago and nothing after that. Anyone whose package is coming from PA have a scan after that? Hopes dwindling for arrival tomorrow, and my damn college mail room isn't open on saturdays.....sigh.

mattmarshall
Senior User
Mar 23, 2001, 03:25 AM

mine left PA at 7:42, still nothing after that....hope the truck didn't break down!

Earth Mk. II
Mac Elite
Mar 23, 2001, 03:33 AM

Hummm... so I'm not the only one? Cool! I was getting worried. My box left PA around 9:00p and I thought 4 hours was a bit long... so who knows where it is now? Maybe the driver is really Santa Claus and.....nevermind.

Anyway, tomorrow or Sat, I don't care... so long as it's in my grubby litte hands in time to gloat to my friends

------------------
"Robots obey what the children say." -- TMBG
/Earth\ Mk\.\ I{2}/

derekn
Senior User
Mar 23, 2001, 04:35 AM

Okay for everyone in the LA area, I THINK there is about a 98% chance we'll be getting ours today (Friday). I just checked mine and it's marked as leaving the sort facility in LA. That was the same notice I got when I ordered some stuff from OWC, it went from the LA sort facility to Hawthorne and got delivered that day.

So if you see a FedEx truck later today, chase them and get X!! LOL I'll post a note as to when I get mine (if it's today) and let you all know how the installation goes. I've got a beige G3 so it's either going to be a simple, trouble free install or a total disaster.

tie
Professional Poster
Mar 23, 2001, 04:40 AM

My copy shipped today. Apple educations store, ordered March 14.
The 4 o'clock train will be a bus.
It will depart at 20 minutes to 5.

Jamie_H
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 23, 2001, 05:07 AM

I received an e-mail today (Friday) saying that my copy had shipped. That means I should receive it on Monday. Unfortunately there is no freight companies where I live that deliver saturday.

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 23, 2001, 06:06 AM

I may as well add to the excitement.

On Thu Mar 22, 2001 at 02:09:04 PM US/Central I got the e-mail.
Dear Apple Customer,

The following products shipped on 03/22/2001. Transit time will
depend upon whether you have chosen standard or premium freight
options. If your order is shipping standard freight, it should arrive
within 10 days of shipment.
10 days my @$$ Saturday delivery baby!! And that WAS on standard. Thanks for the upgrade Steve!

------------------

krove
Mac Elite
Mar 23, 2001, 06:15 AM

hmm...well I have a dilemna. Compare #1, #2, and #3 labeled on these images:

FedEx Saturday Delivery
FedEx
FedEx 2-Day Air

So which is it? I guess I'll have to call in the morning, 'cause I'd really like to get it on Saturday...

krove

------------------
*The next sentence is entirely true...
*The previous sentence is most decidedly false...

How did it come to this? Goodbye PowerPC. | sensory output

mattmarshall
Senior User
Mar 23, 2001, 06:25 AM

yeah, well what the hell is up with Middletown, Pennsylvania?
Is it a giant black hole?

My copy of OS X STILL hasn't been marked as going anywhere else, even though it (supposedly!) left there over 10 hours ago.....and I know the place it should have gone to is only like an hour and a half from there.....what's up with this?? I was hoping I'd get it a day early...guess not.....

ctishue
Mar 23, 2001, 06:29 AM

yeah I was hoping so too. Still, fedex tracking sometimes gets "stuck" and then the package magically jumps 500 miles and all the scanning shows up out of nowhere. Still have hope....oh well if it doesn't come tomorrow I'll be waiting till monday, nothing I can do. Worth saving $80 for it though.

natbaker
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 23, 2001, 09:33 AM

Dont feel too bad. Mine still hasn't even been scanned by FedEx so it's probably still sitting in one of the warehouses somewhere.

mindwaves
Mar 23, 2001, 10:36 AM

Some updated information about the packages in the LA area:

Scan Activity Date/Time Comments
Left FedEx Sort Facility LOS ANGELES CA 03/22/2001 23:12 �
Pickup status FULLERTON CA 03/22/2001 21:13 �Pre-routed meter pkg picked up
Left FedEx Origin Location FULLERTON CA 03/22/2001 14:22 �

jeffhot
Senior User
Mar 23, 2001, 10:48 AM

Don't get too excited!!!

Anyone who thinks they are gonna get their package today because they are close to the origin location may be let down.

Mine left Pennsylvania last evening, and I'm sure a normal FedEx delivery would have a chance of arriving at my home Friday, but this isn't a normal FedEx delivery.

There was probably a HUGE batch of packages shipped simultaneously, and it's gonna take some extra time to sort them out. Also remember that FedEx has to go through their hubs, it's not like they send out your personal truck to travel the shortest possible route between the origin and destination!!

I'm expecting mine on Saturday, after it has been "disseminated" down to the local guys and sorted out from the other 5,000 or however many Chicago area Mac geeks. Those jerks!

I just hope no other Pennsylvania junk got put into those trucks. I'd hate to have my new OS X box stinking of cheesesteak!

Fink-Nottle
Mar 23, 2001, 12:54 PM

Waaaaah!

Why is mine still being assembled? WHY?!?!?!

(Ordered on Feb 3rd, Toronto Canada)

Fink Different, eh!

DannyVTim
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 23, 2001, 01:09 PM

Guys mine also left via Middleton, but it @nd Day dilvery. So, it was shipped on the 22th adn will arrive on the 24th.
Dan

imacman11  (op)
Mar 23, 2001, 01:50 PM

Scan Activity Date/Time Comments
Left FedEx Origin Location MIDDLETOWN PA 03/22/2001 19:43 �
Pickup status MIDDLETOWN PA 03/22/2001 15:34 �Pre-routed meter pkg picked up

------------------
Thou shalt go forth and spread the iWord.
------------------
[email protected]
------------------
www.themacgod.com
------------------
Preparing the world for my brethren: The Dock Perverts.

derekn
Senior User
Mar 23, 2001, 02:04 PM

Originally posted by jeffhot:
Don't get too excited!!!

Anyone who thinks they are gonna get their package today because they are close to the origin location may be let down.

Mine left Pennsylvania last evening, and I'm sure a normal FedEx delivery would have a chance of arriving at my home Friday, but this isn't a normal FedEx delivery.

There was probably a HUGE batch of packages shipped simultaneously, and it's gonna take some extra time to sort them out. Also remember that FedEx has to go through their hubs, it's not like they send out your personal truck to travel the shortest possible route between the origin and destination!!

I'm expecting mine on Saturday, after it has been "disseminated" down to the local guys and sorted out from the other 5,000 or however many Chicago area Mac geeks. Those jerks!

I just hope no other Pennsylvania junk got put into those trucks. I'd hate to have my new OS X box stinking of cheesesteak!
Hey I couldn't help it okay? LOL I've been waiting 13 years for the day X gets here. I had that glimmer of hope it'd get here today but that isn't looking too likely. It could get onto a delivery truck for later today but that's really pushing it.

I have to wonder if Apple shipped these out in advance or something. I checked my Apple Store status, saw it had shipped, checked the FedEx tracking number and got nothing. A few hours later, it suddenly popped up in Fullerton, my public beta started in Rancho Cordova then made it's way here. It's been about 24 hours now so any additional scans should be in the FedEx system by now.

Anyways officially I to X now.

Cake
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 23, 2001, 03:22 PM

Yep, it looks like today is out - note the "2nd Day Service"
Oh well!

wr11
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 23, 2001, 03:31 PM

My Order is Still being processed. My order was placed on 2/2/01 so its not like I was last in line

I noticed that my order (in Canada) was upgraded to Fedex Saturday Delivery...which is good, but I wonder if it will ship by Saturday? I'm hoping that it arrives tomorrow but my bet is that it will ship tomorrow and arrive Monday

------------------

denim
Mac Elite
Mar 23, 2001, 04:20 PM

Originally posted by jeffhot:
Agreed. We're all reacting like this is a normal shipment. Because of the size of the shipment, I expect that Apple and FedEx have a contract for this, in which it specifically says that the packages much not arrive before Saturday. Just because it says2day doesn't convince me that it's the standard arrangement.

[This message has been edited by denim (edited 03-23-2001).]
Is this a good place for an argument?
Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Me

dviant
Mar 23, 2001, 07:01 PM

Originally posted by denim:
Just because it says 2day doesn't convince me that it's the standard arrangement.
Or in some cases Fed Ex Saturday is actually UPS 2nd Day Air....

I'm ticked. While my Order Status page listed Fed Ex Saturday like everyone else, my shipping confirmation (notified by Apple 3-22 but wasn't in UPS system until 3-23) specified UPS 2nd Day Air which *does not* deliver on saturday. UPS tracking is saying it's scheduled to be delivered on the 26th. And here I was all excited about spending Saturday messing around with OS X.

It bums me out. I was real close to cancelling my AppleStore order until they upgraded me. If I had, I could have just gone down to CompUSA , or MicroCenter tomorrow and gotten a copy. It's not like I was late to pre-order either... I ordered on 2-2.

Once again Apple gets my hopes up only to bring them down again. Lame.

(this is a delivery to the Kansas City area btw)

[This message has been edited by dviant (edited 03-23-2001).]
bah!

TheJoshu
Mac Elite
Mar 23, 2001, 08:29 PM

It's 7:30 EST, and 4:30 PST, where the nice people at the Apple Store tell me my order will be shipped within the next hour or two, and will arrive tomorrow.

Needless to say, seeing my order permanently stuck at "Being Assembled" at apple.com/OrderStatus got me freaked out.

I'm looking forward to some major screen-licking come tomorrow.

------------------
A monk asked Joshu: "Has a dog Buddha-nature or not?"
Joshu answered: "Mu."

Mumon's comments: "Has a dog Buddha-nature? This is the most serious question of all. If you say yes or no, you lose your own Buddha-nature."

Forum Links
Forum Rules