Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > So, why's the Apple Store down?

So, why's the Apple Store down? (Page 2)
MindFad
Posting Junkie
Mar 17, 2004, 05:40 PM

Hmm, Steve says 3GHz in a year. We've been at 2GHz for almost a year. A 101 threads about "when's the Power Mac update coming?" in the PM forum. Apple better get an update out there soon, at least. "Really soon" as in within the timeframe ol' Stevie set himself up for. An update to 2.5 GHz would be awesome. But you know everyone's gonna bitch if 3GHz isn't reached within the year.

Immortal K-Mart Employee
Mac Elite
Mar 17, 2004, 05:47 PM

Originally posted by MindFad:
Hmm, Steve says 3GHz in a year. We've been at 2GHz for almost a year. A 101 threads about "when's the Power Mac update coming?" in the PM forum. Apple better get an update out there soon, at least. "Really soon" as in within the timeframe ol' Stevie set himself up for. An update to 2.5 GHz would be awesome. But you know everyone's gonna bitch if 3GHz isn't reached within the year.
"Almost" isn't a year. They still got 5 months or so.

{v2.3 Now Jesus free}
Religions are like farts: yours is good, the others always stink.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Mar 17, 2004, 05:56 PM

Almost? I didn't say almost. Anyway, I was first responding to the question about Jobs's comment, about it possibly hurting sales now, and I think it did in a way. Mostly I think people are just waiting for a damn update, not 3GHz. Since Jobs did say "within a year," I'm sure most people are taking that to mean the day he said, which means he's got *almost* 3 months left. They'll probably be released around the same time the G5s were last year, though. But we could with an update before then, and there's almost no question that we'll get one. I doubt we'll jump straight to 3GHz. Besides, the chips are already being made.

Turias
Mac Elite
Mar 17, 2004, 06:10 PM

Originally posted by Immortal K-Mart Employee:
One would have to be retarded not to think a YEAR later the G5 would be the same speed.

I don't think it is what is making them have bummer sales at all. And we don't need 3GHz "real soon" as it is not late summer.
I never said 3GHz. I would, however, have excpected 2.4 or 2.5 by now, and that is what is keeping me, personally, from purchasing a new G5. I suspect there are many others out there in my shoes.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Mar 17, 2004, 06:15 PM

Originally posted by Turias:
I never said 3GHz. I would, however, have excpected 2.4 or 2.5 by now, and that is what is keeping me, personally, from purchasing a new G5. I suspect there are many others out there in my shoes.
That's what I was trying to say. I just suck.

Immortal K-Mart Employee
Mac Elite
Mar 17, 2004, 06:19 PM

Originally posted by MindFad:
Almost? I didn't say almost.
"We've been at 2GHz for almost a year."

{v2.3 Now Jesus free}
Religions are like farts: yours is good, the others always stink.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Mar 17, 2004, 06:20 PM

I thought you were talking about the post above yours. Quit confusin' me, Canader.

THE MAC GOD  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 17, 2004, 08:31 PM

Yeah... I think when they said 3ghz by this time next year, we ALL thought that meant incremental updates at San Fran. Of course, that came and went, so soon they *should* be updating to at least the average of 2ghz and 3ghz. However, since we ARE only 5 months away, it would be a pain for buyers of the 2.5 (hypothetically) to have a high end machine for only 4-5 months. Maybe less, because Apple rarely has what it announces until 1-2 months later. So, who knows the method to Apple's insanity.

All as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as Love.

Forum Links
Forum Rules