Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > "The Mouse" - 3 button Mac mouse

"The Mouse" - 3 button Mac mouse
halogen8
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2004, 06:18 PM

http://www.macmice.com/themouse.html

Has anyone picked one of these up yet?

This is the best looking mouse besides the Apple Pro Mouse I have yet to come across.

Are there any retail stores carrying this yet?

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 18, 2004, 07:03 PM

All I can say is be wary of MacMice. Personally I've never done business with them, but I've heard plenty of horror stories. Just a heads up.

Roy Boy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2004, 07:58 PM

Originally posted by ::maroma:::
All I can say is be wary of MacMice. Personally I've never done business with them, but I've heard plenty of horror stories. Just a heads up.
got one and think it's great. great people to deal with as well, don't know why the bad rap.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 18, 2004, 08:03 PM

Not to be rude, but there are like 10 threads (at least) on this already.

slider
Mac Elite
Mar 19, 2004, 12:08 AM

Originally posted by Cadaver:
Not to be rude, but there are like 10 threads (at least) on this already.
Yeah, it kinda makes you wonder given the owner of Mac Mice's very well known business practices.

halogen8  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 19, 2004, 10:55 AM

Sorry, I looked through a few pages and didn't see any posts about this mouse.

You can look up my username if anyone questions the authenticity of this thread.

Anyway: Roy Boy - how is the quality of the construction?

There is another mouse similar to this one but has a single button design with pivoting-type of control, similar to the Apple Pro:
http://www.adesso.us//product_detail...33AMS%2D2000UW

It looks like a nice alternative to the Apple mouse with 3 buttons and a scroll wheel. Plus it lights up which looks cool.

Roy Boy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 19, 2004, 11:24 AM

i like it. is very made well, solid construction. looking forward to the blue tooth version. i'd don't use it all the time though, only when i have my PB at the desk. every other day or so.
it is a bit smaller than i would like but seems to do the job well.

macintologist
Professional Poster
Mar 19, 2004, 01:36 PM

Originally posted by Roy Boy:
i like it. is very made well, solid construction. looking forward to the blue tooth version. i'd don't use it all the time though, only when i have my PB at the desk. every other day or so.
it is a bit smaller than i would like but seems to do the job well.
How loud are the mouse clicks?
Is there a dial on the bottom to control how hard the click is like on the Apple mouse?
Is the scroll wheel really smooth or does it click loudly like my stupid PocketMouse Pro?

jewing80
Mar 19, 2004, 02:19 PM

I know what you mean about the Pocket Mouse Pro. I originally had the wireless version and the noise level was fine, no scroll clicking. Later I went to the retractable cord version and my goodness is that thing loud!

I still have it as my travel mouse and I use a Kensington Pilot Pro Optical on my desk at home. Thankfully the Pilot is fairly quite, there is some noise when pushing the click wheel forward.

I'm planning on getting the BT version of The Mouse once it is released. It will give me a real excuse (ha ha using the purchase of a $60 mouse to justify the purchase of a $2500 Powerbook) to replace my Ti. Yeah I know I can use the Belkin BT dongle, as a matter of fact I have one now. But I like to travel with as absolutely little as possible. I tend to be a freak when it comes to wire hiding. Now if Apple would just make a BT iPod and iSight I would be in wireless heaven!

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 19, 2004, 05:35 PM

Originally posted by macintologist:
How loud are the mouse clicks?
Is there a dial on the bottom to control how hard the click is like on the Apple mouse?
Is the scroll wheel really smooth or does it click loudly like my stupid PocketMouse Pro?
Well, I just found a coworker who has one. Messed with it for a few minutes. To answer your questions:

1) The mouse clicks are pretty loud. Much louder than my MS Optical that I have at work.

2) There is no dial on the bottom.

3) The scroll wheel is pretty smooth. It's not loud at all, almost totally silent (when scrolling). It's not silky smooth, as it has the "click" action when scrolling (not sure how to explain that..) But the middle button/scroll wheel click is pretty loud.. might be louder than the normal button clicks.

In the limited time I spent with it, it seems like a decent mouse. I still like my Logitech MX500 better though (my home mouse). Mo buttons baby!

Link
Professional Poster
Mar 20, 2004, 05:00 AM

Originally posted by halogen8:
Sorry, I looked through a few pages and didn't see any posts about this mouse.

You can look up my username if anyone questions the authenticity of this thread.

Anyway: Roy Boy - how is the quality of the construction?

There is another mouse similar to this one but has a single button design with pivoting-type of control, similar to the Apple Pro:
http://www.adesso.us//product_detail...33AMS%2D2000UW

It looks like a nice alternative to the Apple mouse with 3 buttons and a scroll wheel. Plus it lights up which looks cool.
I guess powerjack was right about his original macmouse after all! O_O

I didn't think they made a more powerful version (rev B) of the adesso mouse! O_O I loved my black original one, this one's awesome MUST GET O_O
Aloha

halogen8  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 20, 2004, 11:12 PM

Originally posted by Link:
I guess powerjack was right about his original macmouse after all! O_O

I didn't think they made a more powerful version (rev B) of the adesso mouse! O_O I loved my black original one, this one's awesome MUST GET O_O
So you have an Adesso mouse? how is the quality of it?

I like the look of the LED in the scroll wheel.

Forum Links
Forum Rules