Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > There is a cat, in my house. He shouldn't be there.

There is a cat, in my house. He shouldn't be there. (Page 2)
voyageur
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2004, 02:20 PM

Originally posted by SOLIDAge:
well i just went to class...left apiece of chicken by the window...didn't seem to entice the cat at all...

as freakin' luck would have it, as leaving for class, i walk outside and whats in my garage?!?! A NEW CAT!!! one i've never seen before! why oh why god.
Perhaps you smell like a female cat?

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 14, 2004, 02:22 PM

well i just went to class...left apiece of chicken by the window...didn't seem to entice the cat at all...

as freakin' luck would have it, as leaving for class, i walk outside and whats in my garage?!?! A NEW CAT!!! one i've never seen before! why oh why god.
karma's a bizatch.

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Apr 14, 2004, 02:28 PM

Originally posted by voyageur:
Perhaps you smell like a female cat?
well, he was acting like a huge pussy before
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Apr 14, 2004, 02:30 PM

ROFLMAO!

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Apr 14, 2004, 02:47 PM

I saw a show on Discovery about cats. They had a funny quote:

"We like dogs because we tolerate them, we like cats because they tolerate us."
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

SOLIDAge  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2004, 02:52 PM

Originally posted by xi_hyperon:
karma's a bizatch.
well the cat is gone...
how?
i moved the desk far enough away from the wall for the dogs to get into...the cat stayed there for awhile while the dogs sniffed around it...they then got it to move a little and it went into the closet nearby which i THOUGHT was freakin' blocked off...
anyway, i had a towel over it and was ready to pick it up, it hissed and flipped itself over and almost as cue the lab lept forward (ahh man's best friend)...
i left the dogs w/ it for afew more minutes and said enough is enough, grabbed that fat SOB by as much of his body as i could, he turned around and god me good, as you'll see below, but i managed to toss him out the window (don't worry...its the first floor...) and he ran off for the woods...

we'll see if he frequents these parts again.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 14, 2004, 02:55 PM

peroxide and some neosporin for those scratches. glad to hear you got the thing out.

whats the story on the other one?

Fyre4ce
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2004, 02:56 PM

Backstory: this cat is always around our house...it sucks. We sick our dogs on it ALL the time, and it just comes back ALWAYS...we leave our garage door open for two seconds...its in there...

apparently...after work last night, i left our front door a little opened...I was woken up at 7am and told that the cat was in the back room. So i woke up, saw this MONSTER of a cat and tried to get the bastard out of the room...it then went crazy and started jumpping at windows that weren't open (shoulda opened it em first i guess)

Now it is wedged behind a HUGE oak desk that i can't even beging imagining how to move it to get this cat out.

so what should i do? this fat bastard is WEDGED behind this desk w/ no signs of getting our or of being comfortable...(i know cats can get in everwhere and get out...but i'm not sure about this)...

how do i get this animal out of my house?!?! (as you can tell i am CERTAINLY not a cat person...)
Drown it in a bucket.
Fyre4ce

Let it burn.

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Apr 14, 2004, 02:57 PM

it'll be back to piss on your pillow
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

SOLIDAge  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2004, 03:00 PM

Originally posted by d4nth3m4n:
peroxide and some neosporin for those scratches. glad to hear you got the thing out.

whats the story on the other one?
bah, i ran at it and screamed , it ran out of the garage...history has shown...it will be back.

andi*pandi
Apr 14, 2004, 04:17 PM

Well, glad it's out. If the next one comes in the house, I hope you've learned something. I hope you're not storing food or something in your garage?

siccing the dogs on a cat will not get it to come out. Nor will prodding it with a broom. That will only get it to think "no way the hell am I going out there."

You could also have called Animal Control, they have those loops on a stick thingies.

Poor kitty!

SOLIDAge  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2004, 04:21 PM

Originally posted by andi*pandi:
Well, glad it's out. If the next one comes in the house, I hope you've learned something. I hope you're not storing food or something in your garage?

siccing the dogs on a cat will not get it to come out. Nor will prodding it with a broom. That will only get it to think "no way the hell am I going out there."

You could also have called Animal Control, they have those loops on a stick thingies.

Poor kitty!
animal control? ha! what a joke
"what is it, a cat?, oh i don't do cats, they are domestic animals there is nothing you can do"

we're setting "have a heart" traps tonight, hope to catch one of em or something, give them to the Humain Society, they seem like they need a place to live

realmeatychunks
Apr 14, 2004, 04:26 PM

Originally posted by chris v:
Open the window, then leave the room, closing the door behind you. It won't sit there forever. It'll get hungry and leave before too long.

I heard someone ask a fireman once if they really did ever rescue cats from trees. his reply: "Have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree?"

CV
Well, not a skeleton, but when I was a kid we definitely found a dead black cat in a tree in our yard. My father had to get it down with a shovel and then we buried it.

talisker
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2004, 04:26 PM

God this man's a fool of the first order. He seems to justify his mistreatment of the cat on the grounds that it's stupid (not surprising, since it's a cat, not Albert f*cking Einstein), and that he personally likes dogs not cats.

I've noticed this before, that lots of people who profess to loving animals actually mean "I love my favourite kind of animal, but don't give a sh*t about the other ones". I imagine idiot-boy wouldn't have reacted in the same way if it was puppy that was involved.

And clean behind your desk, it's disgusting. I'm surprised any animal wants to live in that midden.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Apr 14, 2004, 04:29 PM

, give them to the Humain Society, they seem like they need a place to live

That's a 500lbs load pet incinerator, plenty of space for your kitten.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

benb
Apr 14, 2004, 04:32 PM

Originally posted by talisker:
God this man's a fool of the first order. He seems to justify his mistreatment of the cat on the grounds that it's stupid (not surprising, since it's a cat, not Albert f*cking Einstein), and that he personally likes dogs not cats.

I've noticed this before, that lots of people who profess to loving animals actually mean "I love my favourite kind of animal, but don't give a sh*t about the other ones". I imagine idiot-boy wouldn't have reacted in the same way if it was puppy that was involved.

And clean behind your desk, it's disgusting. I'm surprised any animal wants to live in that midden.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Apr 14, 2004, 04:36 PM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:

That's a 500lbs load pet incinerator, plenty of space for your kitten.
Here's lookin' at you kid. Sleeep tiiight.
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
Apr 14, 2004, 04:38 PM

I would just coax it out. But then again I'm a cat person.

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

benb
Apr 14, 2004, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by DeathToWindows:
I would just coax it out. But then again I'm a cat person.
It's ok, he already let some dogs into the room so the cat would see the dogs and leave its hiding spot to play.

Ratm
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2004, 04:44 PM

Originally posted by philzilla:

i'm gonna paypal you money to buy a brain, so you can answer that properly.

hahahahahha

SOLIDAge  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2004, 05:15 PM

i would honestly like to know why i'm being made out to be such an animal hater because i didn't want this cat in my house? seriously can anyone tell me this? was it because i tried to get it out with a broom? by pushing it alittle? i didn't SWAT it or beat it...I gave offered it milk and chicken...was i suppose to force feed it these items to make it like me?
And the dogs? i never meant for them to EAT or HURT the damned thing but simply to get it out from behind the desk WHICh wasn't that dirty til that cat knocked everything off the top of it off, and i moved it...

all these negative posts about how i don't have a brain, how i'm a terrible person yada yada yada...i do believe that my first post was a "HELP ME GET IT OUT" because i didn't want to hurt it...because i didn't want to mistreat it...am i going to say that i aquired feelings for it during the HUGE ordeal? no i'm no liar. But never during this fun time did i ever mean to hurt the cat or kill the damned thing...remember it found me, i didn't find it. I simply just wanted it gone.

My actions are justified, the cat probably won't be back and if if me saying i'm glad it won't be back labels me an animal hater, Better get those label makers out.

RAzaRazor
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2004, 05:29 PM

Jesus. What the hell is wrong with you people bitching at SOLIDage?

It's not his cat. He doesn't want a cat. He didn't want the ****ing thing pissing in his house. He tried to get the cat out in a humane way, and you people make him out to be a monster.

Just because you love cats, and are willing to be a complete bitch to please the stupid little pests doesn't mean that everyone else in this world is so weak minded.

If a cat comes into my house repeatedly, you can sure as hell bet that I'm going to attack the ****er with a garden shovel and cut it's god damned head off! If you want to yell at someone, you can yell at me, because that's what I would honestly do.

If I were in his position with the cat stuck behind a desk, I would have called animal control to get the thing out of there, knowing full well that the fat ass cat won't be adopted and will end up being killed. (And therefore saving me the cleanup of my beloved shovel.)

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Apr 14, 2004, 05:31 PM

I hate dogs. I don't trust anything that humps your leg and eats its own feces. And geeze they f*cking stink. And that stink gets EVERYWHERE. You walk into a ANY house of a dog owner and you know instantly. Gag!

RAzaRazor
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2004, 05:33 PM

Originally posted by olePigeon:
I hate dogs. I don't trust anything that humps your leg and eats its own feces. And geeze they f*cking stink. And that stink gets EVERYWHERE. You walk into a ANY house of a dog owner and you know instantly. Gag!
Yeah. I agree with you on that, but it's the exact same thing for cats. Probably the reason why my pet of choice is fish.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 14, 2004, 05:55 PM

Originally posted by RAzaRazor:
If a cat comes into my house repeatedly, you can sure as hell bet that I'm going to attack the ****er with a garden shovel and cut it's god damned head off! If you want to yell at someone, you can yell at me, because that's what I would honestly do.

Jansar
Professional Poster
Apr 14, 2004, 06:25 PM

Did you actually read his posts?

Don't say anything unless you're completely sure you're right, because now you look like an @sshole (and a moron).
World of Warcraft (Whisperwind - Alliance) <The Eternal Spiral>
Go Dogcows!

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Apr 14, 2004, 06:42 PM

Yeah. I agree with you on that, but it's the exact same thing for cats. Probably the reason why my pet of choice is fish.

Cats get fur everywhere, scratch sh*t up, and piss on stuff. But all of that is trainable (except for the fur, you just have to deal with it.) But you can't train a dog to not stink. I guess you could tie an airfreshner around its neck.

dreilly1
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2004, 06:47 PM

I love cats. In fact, the best type of cats are Other People's Cats.

And lay off SOLIDAge. His dogs wouldn't have done any damage to that cat, unless they're trained to fight, which is unlikely. I think sending the dogs after it is more humane than getting the ol' broomstick out.

RGB
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2004, 07:19 PM

Originally posted by olePigeon:
Cats get fur everywhere, scratch sh*t up, and piss on stuff. But all of that is trainable (except for the fur, you just have to deal with it.) But you can't train a dog to not stink. I guess you could tie an airfreshner around its neck.
... Or you could bathe them every once in a while.

talisker
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2004, 07:44 PM

i would honestly like to know why i'm being made out to be such an animal hater because i didn't want this cat in my house? seriously can anyone tell me this? was it because i tried to get it out with a broom? by pushing it alittle? i didn't SWAT it or beat it...I gave offered it milk and chicken...was i suppose to force feed it these items to make it like me?
And the dogs? i never meant for them to EAT or HURT the damned thing but simply to get it out from behind the desk WHICh wasn't that dirty til that cat knocked everything off the top of it off, and i moved it...

all these negative posts about how i don't have a brain, how i'm a terrible person yada yada yada...i do believe that my first post was a "HELP ME GET IT OUT" because i didn't want to hurt it...because i didn't want to mistreat it...am i going to say that i aquired feelings for it during the HUGE ordeal? no i'm no liar. But never during this fun time did i ever mean to hurt the cat or kill the damned thing...remember it found me, i didn't find it. I simply just wanted it gone.

My actions are justified, the cat probably won't be back and if if me saying i'm glad it won't be back labels me an animal hater, Better get those label makers out.
Yeah, my apologies solidage, I did go for a bit of an over-reacting rant there didn't I? My perception that you were mistreating the cat actually came more from reading what other people were saying, rather than anything you said yourself. Now I've had my coffee I feel much better.

voyageur
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2004, 08:01 PM

we're setting "have a heart" traps tonight, hope to catch one of em or something, give them to the Humain Society, they seem like they need a place to live
If you do catch something tonight, take a good look at it before you get too close; it's skunk season after all

Beewee
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2004, 08:21 PM

Originally posted by chris v:
If it dies back there, you'll fell a little sad, won't you?

CV
Not to mention he'll be left with a stuck carcass instead of an animal. After a week who knows what kind of stench the not-so-fluffy-anymore kitty will be giving off.

Myrkridia
Senior User
Apr 14, 2004, 08:45 PM

Originally posted by lil'babykitten:
he looks quite comfy!

I agree, especially with the look of contempt he has in the first pic.
Adopt the lil guy, and name him "fluff puff"

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Apr 14, 2004, 08:45 PM

a bit boring, but clean.

i love cats.

but mah girl has allergy.

amsalpemkcus
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2004, 08:58 PM

kill it next time and use its body as a case mod

Dex13
Mac Elite
Apr 15, 2004, 12:21 AM

get an oven mitt and pull it out. or get a lacrosse stick and hope it grabs onto it an pull it out.

lol it seems i need to refresh the lounge after 15 minutes

Dennis002
Apr 15, 2004, 12:50 AM

This is not a "Prozac deficiency syndrome" as he starts seeing cats everywhere.
What he needs is a good cleaning lady (m/f) and a bottle of haloperidol

(no seriously: thank you for the entertainment)

insha
Senior User
Apr 15, 2004, 09:48 AM

I'm indifferent to cats; but I don't like dogs at all. All in all, I don't like having animals/pets in the house, even if it is a gold fish. But I do put food/water for the birds in my back yard, not the same thing as having a pet, but at least I don't have to clean up after them or keep them in the house.

AppleCello
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 15, 2004, 10:51 AM

I like dogs for their "personality" and cats for their independance. That being said, my old cat Mr. Misty was the best of both. he was incredibly affectionate and loved people. He would come running when you called him and he would accompany me on walks with the hounds (not leased or anything like that, on his own).

He was an outside animal as well, which was cool because he was always killing mice and other pesky rodents that would have likely taken up in the garage (the cat's digs) otherwise.

Patrick

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Apr 15, 2004, 11:36 AM

So i woke up, saw this MONSTER of a cat
OK... I just looked at this line and then looked at the pics. That's your idea of a monster of a cat? Where do you live? Liliput?

If I found you doing that to one of my cats I'd do more than yell at you.

RAzaRazor
Mac Elite
Apr 15, 2004, 02:37 PM

Originally posted by Sherwin:
If I found you doing that to one of my cats I'd do more than yell at you.

Well, if you can't keep your animals under control and out of other peoples houses, then you would get more than yelled at too.

djohnson
Professional Poster
Apr 15, 2004, 02:55 PM

HA HA HA!!! j/k Sounds like maybe you should get a cat or 2?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 15, 2004, 05:30 PM

Originally posted by Mastrap:
Bloody hell. And you work with animals? Poor thing. Hungry, scared and it had to piss itself because you didn't have the brains to help it.

One of the problems with cats is that the body language a human who doesn't like cats uses tells an entirely different story to the cat. Looking away, not making eye contact etc tells the cat: 'I am friendly'.

If you really don't like cats a humane way to keep them off your property is citrus oil. Cats hate the smell of anything citrus related and will try to avoid the area.
My cat loves orange slices... no sh!t.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Forum Links
Forum Rules