Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > My PowerBook G4 roxorz

My PowerBook G4 roxorz
cthree
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2004, 01:41 AM

Just want to say my 15" PB works great! You generally only hear complaints on these boards and since I have none to speak of I'll just say every thing is A O K

Running since mid-Feb 04, only rebooted 4 times. 2 for OS upgrades, 1 for FCPro install and once just to see what all the fuss was about. I didn't find anything compelling in it so I'm not sure why my Windows friends do it so often.

Cheers and happy Macing.

cthree  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2004, 01:44 AM

Oh, a desktop battery charger would be great! That's it.

tekno_geek911
Mac Enthusiast
May 15, 2004, 01:57 AM

I love my PowerBook too...Everything is working great! (even though everybody on every forum calls it the "old" or "outdated" model)
::12" PowerBook G4 | 1.33GHz | 1.25GB | 60GB | APX | OS X 10.4.1::
::30GB iPod Photo::

cthree  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2004, 02:19 AM

Well I bought mine in Feb of this year, my credit card still wears the scars, and it too is now old. Just the way it is I guess. If it does the job then what else do you need?

iREZ
Professional Poster
May 15, 2004, 10:48 PM

I feel ya tekno, got my 12" in early Feb and I'm still fighting the urge to sell it to get a new one, but then I realized that I got a great deal on my computer, and the only thing thats bugging me in the update is 64VRAM and even thats not that much of a biggie. I guess maybe at the end of the year I might chuck this one out but for now its getting the job done and without dead pixels or heat problems or HD ticks or any other problems, so I too am really happy with my PB as well, good thread.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

mishap
Mac Elite
May 15, 2004, 11:11 PM

i still have that new computer smell

ohhh yeah and the powerbook itself performs great!@

Forum Links
Forum Rules