Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Shinobi, Cappucino and Mailsmith

Shinobi, Cappucino and Mailsmith
Dr_Doom
May 17, 2004, 12:09 PM

Whenever a new theme is released I always hold off my excitement.

Why?

It seems that only a small minority off themes are thorough. I have been told that it is possibly a problem with Mailsmith, but Shinobi and Cappucino don't seem to have the same problems as the vast majority of others.

Shinobi and Cappucino are the execptions. Other represents the common occurence with most other themes (with minor variations).

Shinobi

Cappucino

Other

Thanks,

Dr_Doom

servo
Dedicated MacNNer
May 17, 2004, 12:20 PM

Can save everyone an extra step and reupload those images and jpegs or png's or something viewable in a browser?

eyevaan
Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2004, 12:21 PM

I have seen these same "events" with DragThing tabs (I end up using the compact tab setting to avoid the aqua looking ones) . . . having never built a theme and only launched ThemePark and closed it moments later . . . I cannot imagine the awsome task it is to complete the them with all details caught.

so to those that have - I tip my hat.

cube3
Mac Enthusiast
May 17, 2004, 12:40 PM

It's because the apps use redundant graphics used in the" tabs" graphics, which has now been replaced by the "segmented tabs" graphics.

I have sorted those out in the latest beta of changeling, it should no longer happen in it either - will give link download link later in the week.

JoE950
Forum Regular
May 17, 2004, 02:16 PM

man so some of us are too lazy to theme the old tabs so they can show up in two apps (as i know of so far)..

open theme park up and see how hard those things are to theme and you will understand why most choose to not support that crap anymore. shinobi was around when old tabs were in, so i assume that's partly why he had no problem with themeing them, but new themers can't preview them anymore unless they are still using jag (or one of the two programs that still use them..).

give the kids a break! saying a theme isn't thorough because it doesn't have the old school tabs is like saying that macs aren't because they don't have floppy drives..

(now to shift the spotlight to how amazing i am) the only reason i put them in [f]p 2 is because i figured someone would complain about them, and sure enough... but all i did was copy them over from the original �[f]p� one so they look like sin.

oh well. screw it.

eyevaan
Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2004, 05:02 PM

Originally posted by JoE950:
open theme park up and see how hard those things are to theme and you will understand why most choose to not support that crap anymore. shinobi was around when old tabs were in, so i assume that's partly why he had no problem with themeing them, but new themers can't preview them anymore unless they are still using jag (or one of the two programs that still use them..).
so if I understand this correctly - there is no way to check if you got the correct file updated unless you have those apps...

I wondered why the metal-edged window tabs did not make it onto the dragthing tabs
from a neophite's view, now it all makes sense.

that stinks... sorry for the harsh crit.

JoE950
Forum Regular
May 17, 2004, 11:34 PM

oh dont worry about it, i should have been more clear. yes we know they are there (the theme park list has them included, and we all hate them [i think]), but we cant test what they look like in action without those apps, and since we know only a handful of people will ever catch the lazyness, we choose to just neglect them. sure, we could probably skin ie but why? you know?

i meant to sound like an ass, but it should have been taken jokingly. its too bad your too mature to get angry and make it into a vicious bout of words... lol

Forum Links
Forum Rules