Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Using dual monitors with an iBook

Using dual monitors with an iBook
msfletch04
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 22, 2004, 01:29 PM

Hello, I have a flat panel monitor not being used and i was wondering if I could use it as a second screen. I don't mean to mimic what is going on on my iBook but as more screen space. I have an iBook G3 900 mH 640 mB ram and a video out on the side. I have already connected it to display what I am doig on my desktop, but I would like to have more screen space. Any advice or links? Thanks.

Fletch

Applefreak01
Senior User
May 22, 2004, 01:35 PM

There is the spanning hack that would make the extra monitor not mirror the image on your iBook but give you that extra space you want. Try searching for spanning hack.
[Riding a circus elephant]
Peter: Look Lois, the two smybols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a fat white guy who is threatened by change. - Family Guy

Komisar
Mac Elite
May 22, 2004, 03:19 PM

Yeah hes right i have used the spanning hack in the pass and its pretty neat... g'luck... though i dont remember how to use it!

msfletch04  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 23, 2004, 12:21 PM

Thanks guys, I found it. It works great. Now I have a lot more desktop space. Later.

Fletch

Forum Links
Forum Rules