Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Its Here The Newest Gui Site!!!

Its Here The Newest Gui Site!!!
Komisar
Mac Elite
Jun 15, 2004, 05:40 PM

Hello all,
After a month of development we have finished our website. Its main ideal is to give themers and amatuer photoshop users tutorials on designing a theme, or a style in photoshop. Please comment on the tutorials, and if you have one yourself send it to us and it will go up at the site (most of the times if we think its befitting). We have a tips and tricks section also; so email us about that too... and here is the link have fun. Also i would like to thank joe Kohlmann for his wonderful work developing it.
Http://www.switchboard.ambitiouslemon.com
( Last edited by Komisar; Jun 15, 2004 at 05:49 PM. )

idle
Forum Regular
Jun 15, 2004, 07:00 PM

good job on that. to both of you guys. i'm looking forward to seeing this develop.

cheerz.

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
Jun 15, 2004, 10:31 PM

Oopsy looks like a little boo boo... not an issue on a page with more content though.

Mac Guru

Link
Professional Poster
Jun 15, 2004, 10:54 PM

That's so funky and cool! Personally what I'd LOVE to see is a CSS switcher to change off the turquoise color with other colors (it'd RAWK)
Aloha

ineedmoresleep
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 15, 2004, 11:18 PM

It looks like they just need to use clear: both on the footer to fix that. (If the two content areas are floated of course).

WICKEDfour
Forum Regular
Jun 15, 2004, 11:19 PM

Originally posted by Mac Guru:
(Image removed for convenience)

Oopsy looks like a little boo boo... not an issue on a page with more content though.

Mac Guru
Yeah, I caught that. Indeed, it wouldn't be a problem with more content, but I fixed it for now. Thanks for the heads up though, James.

Themer | Metroid 2002 Supporter | Switchboard Operator | A Special K | Professional Lurker

Komisar  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 15, 2004, 11:43 PM

Thanks guys im glad you liked it

zachs
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2004, 12:05 AM

Wow...great site! It's pretty empty now, but of course I'm sure it'll be filled up pretty quickly.

As for suggestions, I have two. First, I'll second the CSS switcher idea. Second, perhaps make the layout a little bit wider. Other than that, great job.

smeger
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2004, 03:54 AM

Great looking site, congrats on the launch!

I fifth the request for a CSS color switcher, twould be quite cool.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you need clarifications or anything for any ThemePark tutorials you guys do.
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

Twister
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 16, 2004, 10:06 AM

This site is looking cool! I've got it bookmarked now so I'll be checking back for updates. Also, you need a favicon.

Komisar  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2004, 11:18 AM

We do need a favicon... but we dont even have a logo yet!!!11 lol... if anyone would like to show me one or make one that would be pretty cool and nice

Synotic
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2004, 12:55 PM

Originally posted by Komisar:
We do need a favicon... but we dont even have a logo yet!!!11 lol... if anyone would like to show me one or make one that would be pretty cool and nice
Logo:

Favicon:

Can't say I didn't try

Komisar  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2004, 01:02 PM

Pretty neat

deej5871
Senior User
Jun 16, 2004, 01:18 PM

I think the logo should be based on this:

and/or this:

Arclite
Jun 16, 2004, 01:35 PM

Wow. Nice site. I'll bookmark it, and be glad to see some more content. Your aqua tutorial was just what I needed: simple. As for the favicon, why not reduce that aqua circle to 16x16, and use that?

WICKEDfour
Forum Regular
Jun 16, 2004, 02:12 PM

Originally posted by deej5871:
I think the logo should be based on this:

and/or this:

I agree, but I don't have nearly enough Photoshop skills to pull that off . As for color switching, if we were to stick with this generic design, what color options would you guys want?

Themer | Metroid 2002 Supporter | Switchboard Operator | A Special K | Professional Lurker

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2004, 02:59 PM

http://g-images.amazon.com/images/G/...-border(1).gif

No offense or anything but I think you could come up with something a bit more original?

Ripping a logo isn't a very professional thing to do.

I think if you went a little deeper into the "switchboard" idea you could get something REAL cool.

If I have time I'll whip something together for an idea...

Mac Guru
( Last edited by Mac Guru; Jun 16, 2004 at 03:04 PM. )

Komisar  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2004, 03:03 PM

thanks, and i also agree about the logo rip off... guys if you want to get more information or news out of the website just read the comments... our staff is most active there posting replies to views problems and ideas! everything you want! we take into consideration!

Synotic
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2004, 04:54 PM

Originally posted by Komisar:
thanks, and i also agree about the logo rip off... guys if you want to get more information or news out of the website just read the comments... our staff is most active there posting replies to views problems and ideas! everything you want! we take into consideration!
Think of it more as inspiration...

Honestly though, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. The colors are identical and the favicon is completed stolen. Thought my comment made it seem like a joke.

Anyways I think the site is very beautiful, nice and clean. Good job on the first tutorial. If you guys need any help HTML/CSS wise, feel free to hit me up on aim (synotic) or e-mail (synotic at clan-mac dot com). I might also be able to contribute a tutorial on creating the Apple Aqua effect on irregular shapes, but you're probably tired of Aqua tutorials by now

WICKEDfour
Forum Regular
Jun 17, 2004, 11:23 AM

Hey, I thought I'd just note that I've posted an entry about tutorial submissions to The Switchboard:

http://switchboard.ambitiouslemon.co...es/000026.html

Hopefully, this will interest some people...

Forum Links
Forum Rules