Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Cocoa and Java 1.4

Cocoa and Java 1.4
Evinyatar
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 18, 2004, 11:35 AM

I'm working on a project that requires Java 1.4. I started coding in XCode and while running it I got an exception:
Code:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError at as.util.TimeFormatting.parseTime(TimeFormatting.java:43) at SubtitleTrackController.tableViewSetObjectValueForLocation(SubtitleTrackController.java:77)
This is at a line that uses a split function on a String object. Apparently MacOS X is using Java 1.3 to run it (why it compiles it for 1.4 then is beyond me, I think Apple really pulled a Microsoft here). Anyway, I tried setting the target VM to 1.4, but then I get a message "Can't create new document" when launching the application (it's a document-based application). Is there a way to get java-cocoa applications to run with Java 1.4 or am I going to have to recode every 1.4 function for 1.3?
PowerMac G4 400MHz/832MB/60GB
AlBook G4 15" 1.25GHz/1.5GB/60GB
Athlon 64 3500+/Asus A8N-SLI Premium/2GB RAM/990GB HD/GF7800GT 512

Forum Links
Forum Rules