Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Printing

Printing
jlcrane
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 21, 2004, 09:59 PM

I am very aggravated. I buy a brand new Imac, love it, and the new airport extreme network and then find out that my printer is not compatible with Airport. Why must I buy a new printer every time I upgrade to a new machine? I already have 4 printers that are barely used because of compatibility issues. Anyone else with the same problem or am I all wet?

Detrius
Professional Poster
Jun 21, 2004, 10:35 PM

There are ways around this. They Airport base station functions as an HP jet direct server. Just because it's not supported out of the box doesn't mean it won't work. Try posting this in the peripheral forum, as this has absolutely nothing at all to do with the fact that you have a Power Mac vs. an iBook.

You could also search google.
ACSA 10.4/10.3, ACTC 10.3, ACHDS 10.3

OreoCookie
Jun 22, 2004, 09:26 AM

What printer are you talking about?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

jlcrane  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 22, 2004, 02:44 PM

I have the HP 952C Printer.

Originally posted by OreoCookie:
What printer are you talking about?

rambo47
Mac Elite
Jun 24, 2004, 06:58 AM

Some folks over at Apple's Discussion Forums say they are using the 952c with AirPort Extreme and having no problems. Seems the key is going to HP's web site and downloading all the latest drivers. Then it seems to work with OS X 10.3 even though it's not on the printer compatibility list.

To see the discussions go to Apple.com > Support > Discussions > AirPort Extreme and search for 952c. Somebody there pointed out this article and claimed success with his HP 952c. Might be worth a look.

Forum Links
Forum Rules