Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > New Apple Stuff At The Apple Store

New Apple Stuff At The Apple Store
MindFad
Posting Junkie
Jul 26, 2004, 01:47 PM

At the Apple Store in Aventura Mall in Miami. I didn't want to dig up any other threads. Oh, and these G5s are heavenly.

New Cinema Displays: gorgeous in person, and they match the G5s very nicely.

New iPods: awesome. I really like the new scroll wheel with the buttons built in to it. I don't know what you guys are complaining about. It feels awesome. Looks nice grey, too.

So that's it. I wish I had money for all this cool stuff.

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Jul 26, 2004, 01:50 PM

i just ordered a new 12" PB. i couldn't hold out any longer. should have it friday or monday.

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Jul 26, 2004, 03:28 PM

The new Displays are indeed absolutely incredible.

sandman
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 26, 2004, 03:39 PM

Originally posted by gorickey:
The new Displays are indeed absolutely incredible.
I was at my local Apple Store in Orlando here this weekend and I must say that the new displays and G5s together are gorgeous, but then I looked down to see the cheap ass keyboard they come with. I hadn't seen the new keyboards that are shipping with the new machines, but they are cheap looking and feeling. Its like the keys were thrown into a plastic drawer tray.

I'm not proposing they make a metal keyboard a mouse, but I think it's time for an upgrade to the peripherals for the pro line. Why the hell did the old pro keyboards get axed?
sandman
17" PowerBook/OS X.4.2/60GB/1G/Airport Express/iPod 20GB (Click Wheel)

Mark Tungston
Mac Elite
Jul 26, 2004, 03:56 PM

Originally posted by sandman:
I was at my local Apple Store in Orlando here this weekend and I must say that the new displays and G5s together are gorgeous, but then I looked down to see the cheap ass keyboard they come with. I hadn't seen the new keyboards that are shipping with the new machines, but they are cheap looking and feeling. Its like the keys were thrown into a plastic drawer tray.

I'm not proposing they make a metal keyboard a mouse, but I think it's time for an upgrade to the peripherals for the pro line. Why the hell did the old pro keyboards get axed?
i'm quite happy with my new Apple Pro keyboard and mouse

i would like to see new ones but i am not dissatisfied with the quality of the current line though
snappy

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 26, 2004, 04:08 PM

3 hours into using my new apple keyboard and i love it...

i was also in an apple store nyc soho, and got to see the new displays...beautiful

first time seeing an ipod mini and it is sweeeeet

and the new ipods are so cool...the buttons feel very solid

man i wish i had money

sandman
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 26, 2004, 05:46 PM

Originally posted by Mark Tungston:
i'm quite happy with my new Apple Pro keyboard and mouse

i would like to see new ones but i am not dissatisfied with the quality of the current line though
Are you talking about this keyboard?

If so, I don't see how you think this is a fitting peripheral for the new displays and G5. The plastic around the keys seems flimsy, and the way the keys sit in that frame is much less appealing to me than the old Pro Keyboard.

Just my opinion of course.
sandman
17" PowerBook/OS X.4.2/60GB/1G/Airport Express/iPod 20GB (Click Wheel)

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 26, 2004, 06:52 PM

If so, I don't see how you think this is a fitting peripheral for the new displays and G5. The plastic around the keys seems flimsy, and the way the keys sit in that frame is much less appealing to me than the old Pro Keyboard.

yes that's my new love u got pictured...i can see your point with the g5...but maybe when the new imac comes out it may have a new keyboard...

DeathMan
Mac Elite
Jul 26, 2004, 07:02 PM

I would like to see a pro keyboard with styling more consistent with the pro systems. Looks good with an imac, but not with the towers. maybe a new keyboard with the new imacs. Who knows.

MindFad  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jul 26, 2004, 07:35 PM

Originally posted by ironknee:
yes that's my new love u got pictured...i can see your point with the g5...but maybe when the new imac comes out it may have a new keyboard...
I'm hoping the new iMac comes with a nice new mouse and keyboard. I really don't like the current ones. And since when did Apple get rid of the click resistance dial on the bottom of its mouse? I noticed today it's not on there anymore.

Time for some new stuff.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 27, 2004, 11:55 AM

I was also in awe of the new Cinema Display design. We can always hope that the keyboard and mouse will be updated for the G6.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

AB^2=BCxAC
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 27, 2004, 12:01 PM

The sides of the new display are thick and white... (thicker than I would have thought necessary, but oh well).

The white helps compliment the keyboard and mouse, almost out of necessity... I can see no other reason for the sides to be white.

But the new keyboard's keys are an acquired touch...they feel deeper and more responsive, but are much more wobbly.

Here's the only small-size picture I could find on Apple's website that reveals the white. You notice it much more in person.

"I stand accused, just like you, for being born without a silver spoon." Richard Ashcroft

Forum Links
Forum Rules