Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Welcome to West Bank

Welcome to West Bank
Mr. Bob
Forum Regular
Aug 7, 2004, 11:59 AM

Take a look at this.

javascript:videoPlayer(11253,'Warning:%20Graphic%2 0Images','Special_Report','acc','U.S.%20&%20World' ,0);

Its still on FOX NEWS called "Warning: Graphic Images"

Man gets executed in public because a guy named Hitler thinks he is bad.

Just a heads up on how things are over there.

Personally, I am against it, but hey, what do I know.

P.S. Apparently I am stupid. If someone can get that link to the video to work, that would be great.

Developer
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2004, 12:09 PM

Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! how do I get across?" "You are across!" Nasrudin shouted back.

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2004, 02:03 PM

Where did they get the "Hitler" thing from? I've seen this several times and from several sources and never has any reporter said that. Smells like "fair and balanced" reporting to me.

And then, like he said. Why are other countries allowed to kill their traitors and spies but not the Palestinians?

"If Bush says we hate freedom, let him tell us why we didn't attack Sweden, for example. OBL 29th oct

PacHead
Baninated
Aug 7, 2004, 02:11 PM

Originally posted by Logic:
Where did they get the "Hitler" thing from? I've seen this several times and from several sources and never has any reporter said that. Smells like "fair and balanced" reporting to me.

And then, like he said. Why are other countries allowed to kill their traitors and spies but not the Palestinians?
The "hitler" thing is what the idiot murderer chooses to call himself.

And 5 idiots walking around with machine guns shooting people in the head because they think they are traitors, is not the same as being found guilty of treason in a civilized country with courts & laws & trials & judges etc. They even shot 2 palestinian people in hospital beds last week.

The Palestinians have created these murderous thugs and expect to see plenty more chaos there in the future, no big surpise exactly. When you have bands of unintelligent goons running around with automatic firearms killing whoever they please, this is what happens.

I'm not surprised that Logic is attempting to defend "hitler" here.

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2004, 02:21 PM

Originally posted by PacHead:
And 5 idiots walking around with machine guns shooting people in the head because they think they are traitors, is not the same as being found guilty of treason in a civilized country with courts & laws & trials & judges etc. They even shot 2 palestinian people in hospital beds last week.
The man admitted to having been a collaborator, and also was guilty of molesting his two daughters(who were still kids btw). It was his family that reported him to the resistance and they took care of him in the only way traitors should be taken care of.

And yes, they killed 2 people in hospital beds. They were just finishing something that they had started since these "poor" guys in the hospital had already been found guilty by a criminal trial by the PA for being collaborators. They first tried to execute them while they were in prison but they only got one of three targets so they made sure they finished the job.

"If Bush says we hate freedom, let him tell us why we didn't attack Sweden, for example. OBL 29th oct

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2004, 02:26 PM

The man admitted to having been a collaborator, and also was guilty of molesting his two daughters(who were still kids btw). It was his family that reported him to the resistance and they took care of him in the only way traitors should be taken care of.

And yes, they killed 2 people in hospital beds. They were just finishing something that they had started since these "poor" guys in the hospital had already been found guilty by a criminal trial by the PA for being collaborators. They first tried to execute them while they were in prison but they only got one of three targets so they made sure they finished the job.
Aren't you against the death penalty?

PacHead
Baninated
Aug 7, 2004, 02:29 PM

Haha, and you trust those goon squads with their justice ?

In the video, "Hitler" turns and asks the crowd, mostly a bunch of kids, what they should do with the guy - - - - "Kill Him !" - - - - then the goons fire away.

It's nice to know that you support the primitive goons, and lawless bands of thugs running around there. When all of the palestinian areas erupt in chaos, violence, or possibly civil war eventually, I take it you will not complain or whine. You are obviously part of the problem, since you support those murderers.

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2004, 02:30 PM

Originally posted by BRussell:
Aren't you against the death penalty?
In all cases but for traitors. Especially in a time of war. If you sell out your nation and fellow citizens for a few bucks per month you deserve to be put to death.

Developer
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2004, 02:33 PM

What could be seen in the video can only be described as murder by any civilised person.
Murder as well. Lynch law to be exact, but murder nevertheless.

You should not defend murderers or sympathise with them even.
Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! how do I get across?" "You are across!" Nasrudin shouted back.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 7, 2004, 03:05 PM

In all cases but for traitors. Especially in a time of war. If you sell out your nation and fellow citizens for a few bucks per month you deserve to be put to death.
Does that apply to the Germans that helped the allies against the nazis in WW2? Or to some poor Sudanese that feels maybe his government is dead wrong in it's 'ethnic cleansing' or what ever they are calling genocide these days and tries to do something about it? Or is it blind allegiance, no matter the circumstance? And if so, doesn't that make the people that are anti-war/anti-bush in the US traitors, and thus deserving of death?

Sorry, I don't buy it. I feel pretty strongly that random executions, preformed on a whim by thugs are wrong.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Taliesin
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2004, 04:01 PM

I also think it would be much better, if there would be a functioning police and court-system in the occupied areas, but they don't exist. Israel has taken care that the palestinians' government as well as its police and courts can't work properly if at all. Espescially considering the collaboration-network it has installed the israelic army/government tries its best to ensure that it is untouched.

Often it are the own family-members that want to see the collaborateurs dead to restore the honour of the family. Often it is no secret, who the collaborateurs are, as they are the only ones officially allowed to carry weapons (even the palestinian police is not allowed to carry weapons, though most of them do it nonetheless), and they are the ones often guiding the israelic army in its patrols, to show them which house needs to be demolished, or which family needs to be arrested, etc..

It is sad, but understandable, considering the circumstances.

Taliesin

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2004, 04:02 PM

Originally posted by ThinkInsane:
Does that apply to the Germans that helped the allies against the nazis in WW2? Or to some poor Sudanese that feels maybe his government is dead wrong in it's 'ethnic cleansing' or what ever they are calling genocide these days and tries to do something about it? Or is it blind allegiance, no matter the circumstance? And if so, doesn't that make the people that are anti-war/anti-bush in the US traitors, and thus deserving of death?

Sorry, I don't buy it. I feel pretty strongly that random executions, preformed on a whim by thugs are wrong.
Yes. Depends on what they do about it. No. No.

PacHead
Baninated
Aug 7, 2004, 04:11 PM

Originally posted by Taliesin:

Often it are the own family-members that want to see the collaborateurs dead to restore the honour of the family.
Ah, so it's just one of those muslim honor killings, that is quite common in certain parts of the world. So, this is a cultural problem in part, I assume.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2004, 11:09 PM

Logic, from what I've seen of your posts, all I can say is this: You are a terrorist sympathizer.
I wouldn't even call for random executions of communists traitors in my country, but in your relative world, people rebuilding Iraq are traitors, and evil islamo-fascists are a OK.
The people working to get Iraq made into a democracy are the evil, but the Saddam lovers and nuts who want a theocratic dictatorship are the heroes?
That's as confusing as watching 2001 drunk.

Forum Links
Forum Rules