Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > What to do with the Cram and Jam Deal?

What to do with the Cram and Jam Deal?
MrForgetable
Mac Elite
Sep 8, 2004, 08:27 PM

I have a question about the Cram and Jam offer:
1. A completed request coupon- check

2. Proof of purchase consisting of itemized, dated sales receipts showing all Apple Products purchased- I didn't get a receipt with my order(s)??

3. the reseller's name and address- www.apple.com, Apple Store for Education Online?

4. My name and address- check

5. Serial numbers- check

6. Prices paid for the qualifying products- Can I just use the emails they sent me (the invoice receipts)?

7. UPC code. check
iamwhor3hay

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Sep 9, 2004, 05:33 AM

you didnt get a paper receipt? (mine was in store) ... hmm will ask my friend about this .. but i guess a email invoice should work .... i'd email apple about this and save their response in case they wanna argue it with you..

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Sep 9, 2004, 05:33 AM

that is to say you can never be tooo safe when we are dealing with 200 american buckeroonies ... that being said ... enjoy your new powerbook and ipod =P .. all my friends who did cram and jam are loving it!

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

MrForgetable  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 9, 2004, 09:58 AM

Originally posted by Lancer409:
you didnt get a paper receipt? (mine was in store) ... hmm will ask my friend about this .. but i guess a email invoice should work .... i'd email apple about this and save their response in case they wanna argue it with you..
yeah my sister got her ibook in store and got a nice paper reciept.

there are 2 invoice reciepts, however, since they shipped at different times.
iamwhor3hay

powerduck
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 9, 2004, 10:19 AM

You will receive a paper invoice by mail a few weeks after the purchase. I just printed out the electronic invoice and sent that instead. I figure they would really like to give me that rebate and not look for ways how to steal it from me.

vita_kk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 9, 2004, 10:40 AM

Originally posted by MrForgetable:

there are 2 invoice reciepts, however, since they shipped at different times.
I am in the same situation as you do. I called up Apple and asked them about it, they said
1. The invoice you receive by e-mail is fine. Just print those two invoices out and send it to them.
2. Having 2 invoices is fine. As long as the order number is the same on 2 invoices.
3. As for reseller name, you can find it on the invoice. In my case, since I bought the PB and iPod from www.apple.ca, so I filled in Apple Canada Inc.
For reseller address, I just fill in www.apple.ca

Enjoy your PB and iPod!

MrForgetable  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 9, 2004, 09:49 PM

no need to print out the terms and conditions right?
iamwhor3hay

ChillieMac
Sep 10, 2004, 12:21 AM

Anyone know if Apple is super anal about the provision that theiPod HAS to be bought on the same receipt as the Powerbook in order to qualify for the rebate? I just received my Powerbook that I ordered from Apple Store online, but was reminded abou the deal by a friend today and regret not buying a new iPod at the same time. I fI buy the iPod from the Apple Store online or in person before the offer end date (Sept 25), do you think Apple will still offer the rebate?

fibroptikl
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 10, 2004, 01:44 AM

No, you don't qualify cause you didn't buy them at the same time (and you have to buy them from Apple) it says "You must purchase all qualifying Apple products at the same time on the same sales order to be eligible for the mail-in rebate."

powerduck
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 10, 2004, 01:52 AM

Originally posted by fibroptikl:
No, you don't qualify cause you didn't buy them at the same time ."
right ...but you should still give them a call and see what happens.

fibroptikl
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 10, 2004, 02:53 AM

Definitley call, cause I heard some Apple Stores are doing a "return" and then adding the iPod on so it's on the same receipt.

Then again, that's what I heard.

Link
Professional Poster
Sep 10, 2004, 03:46 AM

If you ordered online, you SHOULD have gotten a receipt in the mail, and usually a packing order. I'd suggest making copies of all of the above and perhaps even calling..

Then, once you've got it all ready, send that sucker certified mail. Never can be too careful when it comes to a $200 rebate
Aloha

novocain
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 15, 2004, 10:29 AM

Originally posted by fibroptikl:
No, you don't qualify cause you didn't buy them at the same time (and you have to buy them from Apple) it says "You must purchase all qualifying Apple products at the same time on the same sales order to be eligible for the mail-in rebate."
cram and jam is tooooo tricky......

MrForgetable  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 15, 2004, 09:26 PM

Originally posted by Link:
If you ordered online, you SHOULD have gotten a receipt in the mail, and usually a packing order. I'd suggest making copies of all of the above and perhaps even calling..

Then, once you've got it all ready, send that sucker certified mail. Never can be too careful when it comes to a $200 rebate
i have not recieved a receipt in the mail, i througly looked through the two boxes and found nothing. all i got were the two invoices which i probably am going to print.
iamwhor3hay

Forum Links
Forum Rules