Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Just bought the Belkin Media Reader

Just bought the Belkin Media Reader
Daracle
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2004, 10:40 AM

For my honeymoon....
I think with 2 iPods, It was the most practical choice. It is a little slow but its a small price when you add another functionality to the iPod that is already going around everywhere with me.

Anyone else have one and if so, what do you think?
Who reads this???

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 18, 2004, 12:28 PM

i have one, i only take it with me on LONG trips though. it works, i hate the wait, but it works fine.

JohnCoffee
Forum Regular
Sep 20, 2004, 01:42 AM

I decided to buy the Image Tank G2 with a 40GB Harddrive in it. Battery life is much longer than on the Belkin reader / iPod and transfer is very fast. Typically about 1-2 minutes for 512MB of Flash.

When I heard that the Belkin reader drains the iPod battery like crazy and also its own battery due to the extensive drive access in the iPod and also that the speed is absolutely slow, I decided for the image tank.

Maybe you can share your experiences !

Best regards and enjoy your honeymoon !

John

brapper
Professional Poster
Sep 20, 2004, 10:13 AM

brought on backpacking through europe with me.
it works well, but like everyone's mentioned so far it does drain the batteries rather quickly and it is really quite slow.
Other than that, it'great.

GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2004, 09:41 AM

I bought the digital camera link after hearing about the slow transfers with the media reader. It's quicker, plus I don't have to remove the media from the camera.

tonton
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 22, 2004, 03:47 AM

johncoffee, how do you like the imagetank? It's much bigger than the DC Link or Media Reader, but it seems to be the right choice for me. I don't have USB2, though, and my PC Card slot is filled with my card reader. I wish there were an ImageTank with Firewire.
��n+�N

Got Vurt? Jeff Noon

Forum Links
Forum Rules