Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Album Artwork

Album Artwork
tavilach
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2004, 01:00 AM

This new 600x600 album artwork is really pissing me off, for many reasons...

A) My collection is full of songs with 300x300 art...I feel like I'm neglecting them, now.
B) 600x600 is too big, so I try to resize all my artwork to 300x300...but it is so frickin' annoying to do that with every song. It defeats the purpose of getting the album artwork, instantly, with the song.

Why is there no option to get 300x300 artwork? Also, why is there no option to update your purchased musics to the newer 600x600 artwork?

Yes. I just found something even more pointless to complain about. In the PC world, you complain about not being able to run a web browser. In the Mac world, you complain about the size of iTunes album artwork. Isn't it great?
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2004, 01:25 AM

Originally posted by tavilach:
Yes. I just found something even more pointless to complain about.
Yes, you did. Congratulations. Now shut up.

biscool
Forum Regular
Sep 20, 2004, 01:59 AM

This is a joke, right?
Every minute is another chance to turn the whole thing around

demograph68
Professional Poster
Sep 20, 2004, 03:35 AM

I'm a genius. I made an action for photoshop that will automate the task all from the clipboard. I just copy the album cover, go to photoshop, and hit shift+F15.(Action shortcut) I was using it just now for some artists that I needed covers for.

Truepop
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2004, 04:37 PM

umm this shouldn't matter at all unless you print the inserts. even then you won't notice the size difference except that the 300s will like a bit pixelated.

plus you don't have to do every song. you can do them album by album by selecting all the files in that album and then get info on them. past the picture in to the square after resizing it a la demograph68's photoshop trick.

tavilach  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2004, 08:23 PM

Originally posted by Truepop:
umm this shouldn't matter at all unless you print the inserts. even then you won't notice the size difference except that the 300s will like a bit pixelated.

plus you don't have to do every song. you can do them album by album by selecting all the files in that album and then get info on them. past the picture in to the square after resizing it a la demograph68's photoshop trick.
It doesn't matter if I don't notice...I like the concept of consistency, and so does Apple...so what the hell?

I don't download songs by album...I download by song.
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Forum Links
Forum Rules