Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Here's a reliable place for well priced ram

Here's a reliable place for well priced ram
iluvmypowerbook
Forum Regular
Oct 1, 2004, 02:19 AM

I ordered my ram from here:-

http://www.4allmemory.com/search/app...2+Inch+Display

It's US$278 for 1gig but it comes with a lifetime warranty as opposed to Outpost's 12 month warranty. Plus they also guarantee it to work for the PowerBook. (and it does)

I live in Sydney Australia. I ordered it online on Monday and received it today Friday. They were very helpful and kept me very well informed as to the delivery status of my order right through the week.

Just thought ya'll would like to know
PowerBook Rev C 12 " Combo, 1.25 gig ram, OSX 10.3.5, Airport Express, iPod 3G, Fuji Finepix F700, Harmon Kardon Sound Sticks II.

iREZ
Professional Poster
Oct 1, 2004, 11:32 AM

Unless you like to take the RAM out of your machine everynite and sleep with it under your pillow, I really don't see how one would need a lifetime warranty on RAM. If it gets through the first month, then I personally see no need for any warranty but I guess that's just me. Isn't the boost just great?
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

amazing
Professional Poster
Oct 1, 2004, 11:45 AM

Originally posted by iREZ:
I really don't see how one would need a lifetime warranty on RAM. If it gets through the first month, then I personally see no need for any warranty but I guess that's just me. Isn't the boost just great?
Unfortunately, a lifetime warranty is essential. Apple keeps tightening and tweaking the RAM specs. The RAM that worked in 10.2 sometimes no longer worked in Panther, and by all accounts you can expect to see the same thing in Tiger.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Oct 1, 2004, 12:39 PM

Originally posted by amazing:
Unfortunately, a lifetime warranty is essential. Apple keeps tightening and tweaking the RAM specs. The RAM that worked in 10.2 sometimes no longer worked in Panther, and by all accounts you can expect to see the same thing in Tiger.
A lifetime warranty is hardly "essential."
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

iluvmypowerbook  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 1, 2004, 05:20 PM

Well I guess it's not that the lifetime warranty is essential, the point for me at least is that this particular company offers it on their less expensive ram (as opposed to say Crucial or Kingston which is more expensive). So for someone from overseas who is purchasing ram over the internet worth a few hundred bucks it just gave me a little more confidence over the worth of the product as opposed to Outpost's who was only offering 12 months warranty.

So I posted it here for all those people living outside the USA (yes there is a world beyond America folks ) who want access to less expensive ram and from a supplier who is actually willing to share with the rest of us.
PowerBook Rev C 12 " Combo, 1.25 gig ram, OSX 10.3.5, Airport Express, iPod 3G, Fuji Finepix F700, Harmon Kardon Sound Sticks II.

gsxrboy
Forum Regular
Oct 1, 2004, 08:30 PM

A bit faster shipping than what you were waiting on from outpost hey ... I got me some corsair locally (ex Syd to Perth) for about the same price.

djpluv
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2004, 11:11 PM

I bought 2, 1GB memory modules from them (4allmemory.com) for my 15" PB...Shipping was very fast and I have had no problems or kernel panics (knock on wood).

iluvmypowerbook  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 2, 2004, 04:08 AM

Originally posted by gsxrboy:
A bit faster shipping than what you were waiting on from outpost hey ... I got me some corsair locally (ex Syd to Perth) for about the same price.
Thanks for sharing that with the rest of us at the time you made the purchase.

I posted this because I felt some people may get some benefit from it. I'm glad however that you have taken care of yourself. You obviously won't be needing this supplier.

Thanks for your post.

gsxrboy
Forum Regular
Oct 2, 2004, 05:47 AM

I did in fact show where to get the ram for a little bit more than what I paid in the other ram thread. So thanx for your post too.
( Last edited by gsxrboy; Oct 2, 2004 at 05:53 AM. )

iluvmypowerbook  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 2, 2004, 06:28 PM

Originally posted by gsxrboy:
I did in fact show where to get the ram for a little bit more than what I paid in the other ram thread. So thanx for your post too.
You are welcome

Forum Links
Forum Rules