Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Burning an ISO from OS X.

Burning an ISO from OS X.
ohm^n
Oct 19, 2004, 02:50 AM

If you're trying to burn a Linux ISO to CD, you can definitely use Toast. I have used toast to burn KDE, as well as several Linux Live cd's (Knoppix, Slackware Live) using Toast 6 and they've all worked out perfectly on my AMD machine.

In Toast 6, you just click the 'Copy' button, and then select image file radio button in the drawer. Drop your ISO on the toast window and click burn. In a few minutes you have Linux on CD.

I think there are a few third party options for disc burning out there, anyone have experience with those? I've found that Apple's bundled software and Toast have met all my needs...

For a while I had to hack Apple's Disc Burning software so that it would recognize my samsung cd-rw. I think iTunes/The-Rest-Of-Disc-Burning supports it natively now so that's nice. Anyone still have unsupported burners at this point?
( Last edited by ohm^n; Oct 19, 2004 at 02:56 AM. )

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2004, 05:18 AM

Uh, ok. Thanks for sharing.

By the way, you don't need Toast at all. See /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility.

Forum Links
Forum Rules