Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Backup (.Mac) to iDisk scheduling not working

Backup (.Mac) to iDisk scheduling not working
mjames
Forum Regular
Nov 26, 2004, 03:07 PM

I recently signed up for .Mac and I have two backups scheduled daily -- one to my iDisk and one to my iPod. They are scheduled an hour apart and my computer's not asleep or anything. The iPod backup works fine and starts automatically like it is scheduled. However, the iDisk one simply doesn't start as scheduled.

I've checked the help files and it says it won't launch if your .Mac password is incorrectly entered in the .Mac part of System Preferences. I've noticed that I enter the correct password in the .Mac part of System Preferences, but when I close it out and go back to it, the password is changed, I noticed more characters are there. Could that be why my iDisk backup isn't loading as scheduled? And if so, why is the password changing?

Thanks for your help! My precious 15" Powerbook just had a dead hard drive, so I'm taking backup really seriously now.
21" 2.5 Ghz Core i5 iMac | 13" 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo Macbook
20" Cinema Display | iPhone 4 32 GB

mjames  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 27, 2004, 11:18 PM

Anyone? I noticed Backup says it will do the backup "within two hours" of the time I set it to automatically launch. I'm confused as to why it does that rather than exactly when I schedule it.
21" 2.5 Ghz Core i5 iMac | 13" 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo Macbook
20" Cinema Display | iPhone 4 32 GB

Forum Links
Forum Rules