Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > 100,000 $ for the one who can prove that the WTC collapsed the way the government...

100,000 $ for the one who can prove that the WTC collapsed the way the government...
Taliesin
Mac Elite
Dec 16, 2004, 07:34 AM

... says to have happened. At least this millionaire and conspiracy-fan "Walter" has started this contest. Read it in this news-yahoo-report:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._conspiracy_dc

Taliesin

badidea
Professional Poster
Dec 16, 2004, 08:13 AM

Why doesn't this guy prove his theory first?
I would like to see his explanation how someone could place explosives on (or better into) the concrete columns unnoticed!

And as a civil engineer myself, please give me detailed information on how the WTC was build and I will tell how hot it needs to get to make the steel construction collapse!

koogz
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 16, 2004, 10:07 AM

Originally posted by Taliesin:
y Larry Fine

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Jimmy Walter has spent more than $3 million promoting a conspiracy theory the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States were "an inside job" and he is offering more cash to anyone who proves him wrong.

He spent 3,000,000 dollars promoting a conspiracy theory? hahahahahahahaha loser.
Spending daddy's money so he can do what?

The millionaire activist is so convinced of a government cover-up he is offering a $100,000 reward to any engineering student who can prove the World Trade Center buildings crashed the way the government says.

Wow, 100,000 ? What sort of expert will that attract. Spends 3,000,000 promoting the conspiracy, and will offer 100k for someone to convince his experts (his experts) that it was just as the US government stated.

Hey Bozo, send me the 100k, I'm not an engineering STUDENT, but I can be if I enroll in this here correspondence course.. it happened like they said.

"Of course, we expect no winners," Walter, 57, heir to an $11 million fortune from his father's home-building business, said in a telephone interview from California on Wednesday. He accuses figures in government, the military and business of involvement in the Sept. 11 attacks.

Walter said a panel of expert engineers would judge submissions from the students.
Ha-ha. He expects no winners... why? It's rigged. You have to be an engineering student... why can't you be, well, I don't know, a professional engineer who has been working for years and has a complete understanding of how structures are built and torn down.

Next month, he also launches a nationwide contest seeking alternative theories from college and high school students about why New York's World Trade Center collapsed. The contest offers $10,000 to the best alternative theory, with 100 runner-up awards of $1,000. Winners will be chosen next June.

Ah, now we get to the big bucks, and who is he enticing to offer up more idiotic conspiracty theories? College and HIgh School students.

10k for the best alternative theory?

I have one!!! oh, oh!

Aliens came down to earth and have been working hand in hand with US government officials and engineers all over (hence his call to just students who don't know ****) to affect a presidency through an act of supposed terror. Yeah that's the ticket.

What a nut!
I mean, nice guy, now send me my money you millionaire moron.

PBG4 User
Senior User
Dec 16, 2004, 10:12 AM

The WTC towers were constructed in a way that metal columns on the four corners of the building supported the structure. According to the news, jet fuel leaked down these columns and as the fuel burned these four columns absorbed too much heat, causing the collapse of the building.

I'm not an engineer, but watching the WTC tower collapse reminded me of the two multistory building demolition that I personally witnessed. This is what has always kept me wondering; why did the buildings collapse so neatly? I mean the building fell right on top of itself, just like buildings that are imploded during demolition. Why didn't the WTC towers fall to a certain side? Why did they collapse so neatly?

As for actual blueprints of the WTC towers, who knows if you can still get them at City Hall? I doubt City Hall will sell copies of blueprints of the buildings to just anyone anymore.
20" iMac G5! :D AND MacBook 1.83GHz!
Canon Digital Rebel Kit + 75 - 300mm lens. Yum Yum! :D
Check out my OS X Musical Scales program

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 16, 2004, 10:21 AM

Originally posted by PBG4 User:
The WTC towers were constructed in a way that metal columns on the four corners of the building supported the structure. According to the news, jet fuel leaked down these columns and as the fuel burned these four columns absorbed too much heat, causing the collapse of the building.

I'm not an engineer, but watching the WTC tower collapse reminded me of the two multistory building demolition that I personally witnessed. This is what has always kept me wondering; why did the buildings collapse so neatly? I mean the building fell right on top of itself, just like buildings that are imploded during demolition. Why didn't the WTC towers fall to a certain side? Why did they collapse so neatly?

As for actual blueprints of the WTC towers, who knows if you can still get them at City Hall? I doubt City Hall will sell copies of blueprints of the buildings to just anyone anymore.
ya you have a point, and it isnt possible for all four support columns to melt even either.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

badidea
Professional Poster
Dec 16, 2004, 10:28 AM

Originally posted by Athens:
ya you have a point, and it isnt possible for all four support columns to melt even either.
No, not really!
The four support columns didn't melt even since the top part didn't come perfectly straight down! The rest (and largest parts of both towers) was torn down from the top - that's why there was little to fall to the side (unlike when you chop down a tree)!

koogz
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 16, 2004, 10:28 AM

Originally posted by PBG4 User:

Here are some links:

NOVA
PDF Document(PDF)

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Dec 16, 2004, 05:01 PM

People are still dragging out this dead horse?

I mean, all it says in a nutshell is that Bush planned it using explosives.

Forum Links
Forum Rules