Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > quick help plz plz???

quick help plz plz???
bma_mat99
Forum Regular
Dec 18, 2004, 06:14 PM

I installed some stupid .mpkg thingy on my mac.. anyway, its crap, i cant even find the icon for it, and when i read the read me file, its some stupid terminal working thing, so i want it uninstalled.... how do i uninstall it, if i dont even know where it is?

mcsjgs
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2004, 06:40 PM

Finder>Apple-F>search by name
Suicide Bombers: That never-say-die spirit. No, that's not right.

bma_mat99  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 18, 2004, 06:41 PM

search for what?

bma_mat99  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 18, 2004, 06:42 PM

im trying to uninstall everything that was installed.. i dont even know what it installed, and where it was installed... how do i do an uninstall?

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Dec 18, 2004, 07:07 PM

starting 3 threads for the same question doesn't help.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 18, 2004, 08:02 PM

You still didn't got a PC motherboard into the G5 your parents gave you? How unfortunate for us.

First don't install stuff you don't know what it is. It's a good rule of thumb and saves you from lot of trouble � even in the Windows world. Second, there is no uninstaller if the developer didn't provide one. Maybe he did provide an uninstall script, but probably not (and we can't tell for sure since you don't even know what you installed).

So the best thing is probably to open the packages in Pacifist and see what was installed where, and delete it manually.

mcsjgs
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 19, 2004, 03:28 AM

Originally posted by bma_mat99:
search for what?
Sorry, didn't realize you had forgotten the name of the program.

If you remember what type of program it was, maybe you can search in either versiontracker.com or macupdate.com under that category to find the name.

If you still have the program, using Pacifist to see what is in there is a very good suggestion. You can download Pacifist at either site. Once you know what's in there, you can search by name or file date as per my previous post.
Suicide Bombers: That never-say-die spirit. No, that's not right.

romeosc
Mac Elite
Dec 19, 2004, 04:55 PM

Originally posted by mcsjgs:
Sorry, didn't realize you had forgotten the name of the program.

If you remember what type of program it was, maybe you can search in either versiontracker.com or macupdate.com under that category to find the name.

If you still have the program, using Pacifist to see what is in there is a very good suggestion. You can download Pacifist at either site. Once you know what's in there, you can search by name or file date as per my previous post.

To jog your memory , you can search download history or sort hard drive by date modified and see what last 10000 entries were.

Forum Links
Forum Rules