Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB: Logic Board/motherboard for G3 B&W

WTB: Logic Board/motherboard for G3 B&W
mad cow disease
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 21, 2005, 12:01 AM

Well, it appears that my logic board is destroyed after I dropped a hard drive on it by accident while installing. The one time I got it to start up with a chime, the sound was so static-filled I could barely recognize it.

The damn thing won't POST either. Please send all offers my way. I don't need processor, RAM, modem, anything like that - just a working, functional board I can put back in this thing...

kiazer
Jan 21, 2005, 12:15 PM

I found a B&W 300 complete system on ebay for $85 with buy it now. I would suggest going that route and just having a complete spare to put in the closet.

brucejy
Jan 21, 2005, 12:20 PM

Make sure that it is a Rev 2 board. That 300 Mhz speed makes that board sound kind of early. Rev 1 boards had serious memory controller issues.

mad cow disease  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 21, 2005, 12:33 PM

The problem is with the hard drive controller, and I already have a ATA card to address that issue...so the revision of the board really isn't an issue, I believe...

And rev. 2 boards command about a 150%-175% price premium over a rev. a board. I'll take the cheaper of the two...

Forum Links
Forum Rules