Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iMovie HD 5.0.1 update is out.

iMovie HD 5.0.1 update is out.
Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Jan 27, 2005, 06:31 PM

iMovie HD 5.0.1 is out. Check Software Update.

The 0.0.1 update "addresses issues related to video and audio synchronization for DV projects and other minor issues"

Bring on the "Downloading now" posts!

Josh Reid
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 27, 2005, 06:43 PM

A bit ridiculous. Audio synch sounds like a fairly important issue if ya ask me...and to have to release a fix FIVE DAYS after the GM copy is available for public sale? F'n ridiculous. Of course now is better than later, but it shouldn't be necessary like that..

Finrock
Forum Regular
Jan 27, 2005, 09:36 PM

Not to sound like a jerk, but would you rather they not update it so soon after its release? I'm just glad they did update it. I'd much rather bugs be fixed than Apple wait because it doesn't want to release patches so quickly.

That's just my opinion though.
Two atoms were talking one day. One atom said to the other "you know, I think I've lost some electrons." The other atom said "are you sure?" The atom said "yeah, I'm positive." www.thisoldpodcast.com

PurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2005, 10:02 PM

I would imagine they knew about this a while ago, but still had to get it GM by at least a week (maybe more) before shipping date, to be packaged and sent out. In this case, they have since had two more weeks to work on it since they sent off 5.0 GM, and now send out an update to fix it.

Sure, ideally, it would have made it in there. But not all projects meet deadlines, so having this come out so soon is a good thing IMO.

LeeG
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 30, 2005, 12:18 AM

Don't know if this is related or not, but I imported an iMovie 4 movie to 5.0.1, and the sound doesn't line up the same way it did in 4. Bumming-

L
iPhone 3G 16Gb
24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac, 4GB/320GB/256MB
12" AlBook 1Ghz/768Mb/80Gb/Combo/AX

Forum Links
Forum Rules