Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Academy of Art (san francisco)?

Academy of Art (san francisco)?
mubach
Jan 27, 2005, 11:35 PM

After two semesters studying art history I've decided it is not for me and would rather persue my passion of photography, and thus looked at my options. Living in southern california (long beach to be exact) made me look at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco which offers a B.F.A in photography, the locale would be ideal since I always liked SF and the tuition is not overly expensive. Housing could be solved by living in the dorms etc.

Everything has been thought of logistically, however I would like some opinions from people that have attended that school. So has anyone from MacNN gone to there? What are the quality of teaching, and job prospects after graduation like?

Also any general experiences from other majors in the Academy of Art (SF) is appreciated as well

RGB
Mac Elite
Jan 28, 2005, 01:10 AM

I really wanted to go there for their automotive design program, but decided that I wanted to spend my college years in a large university, rooting for my Jayhawks.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jan 28, 2005, 01:15 AM

I'd be careful. They almost lost their accredidation.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

mubach  (op)
Jan 28, 2005, 01:20 AM

Originally posted by olePigeon:
I'd be careful. They almost lost their accredidation.
really? I wasn't aware of this at all, is there a news link you could point me to or elabarote on what happend?

Originally posted by RGB:but decided that I wanted to spend my college years in a large university
thats not an issue with me, in fact I'd rather go to a smaller university than say UCLA which is overflowing with students (UCLA is still a fine university though)

Forum Links
Forum Rules