Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 3:00 more for only $50

3:00 more for only $50
Fusion
Senior User
Feb 5, 2005, 08:37 PM

I was at the Apple store the other day, just checking in. I have never seen an Apple store have a sale, but they had a table set out with a bunch of marked down merchandise on it. Half was third party products that were either outdated or previously opened, but there was definitely a fair share of Apple hardware marked down. Most of the markdown we between 20 and 30 percent.

However, there was a stack of airport express' that my fiance started looking through. In the middle of them was a box that said 15" ALU Powerbook Battery. All the airport express's were packaged in the same size box as well, so it wasn't easy to spot. The markdown? $70. Which brought the total price to only $50! I have never priced powerbook batteries before, but I knew that had to be a good deal.

I questioned the representative who said that it might be a return or just an old stock, but if anything was wrong with it or it didn't work out, just bring it back and they would exchange it for another one off the shelf.

I was shocked. The battery was brand new and it lasts about 30 minutes longer than my original one.

I'd really suggest going to your local Apple store and looking through their sale table.

ichibod
Feb 5, 2005, 08:39 PM

Yeah its great. I got the iPod firewire and usb cable for half off, just because it was opened, works fine for both. Great deal.

SSharon
Professional Poster
Feb 5, 2005, 08:59 PM

thanks for the heads up. I have found two good finds on that table so far. An FM transmitter that works fine for half off and the mini VGA -> S-video / composite cable for my ibook since someone had opened it (they bought the wrong cable so it had never even been used).
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

beverson
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 6, 2005, 12:45 AM

Ditto -- we got my dad an AirPort Express off that table for $99 the day after Christmas. We had previously bought him a D-Link (I think?) print server, as we were having a hell of a time getting his Dell to share his Canon photo printer over the wireless network so that he could print to it from his PowerBook. We ended up saving a few bucks, and getting all the added benefits of an AP Express. Great deal.

Forum Links
Forum Rules