Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > new 12" pb owner!

new 12" pb owner!
nikoz1200
Feb 10, 2005, 05:12 PM

Well, I finally did it. Ordered up the 12" 1.5ghz combo model. 1494$ is a pretty nice deal. Bought it through MacMall, and got an extra 256 of ram (for 768 total), free epson printer, free carrying case, iWork, norton 9.0 etc etc...

I happier than a pig in **** right now. package should be in my hands tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for the advice/suggestions in my previous posts. You guys rock.

Z

markponcelet
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 10, 2005, 05:32 PM

Originally posted by nikoz1200:
Well, I finally did it. Ordered up the 12" 1.5ghz combo model. 1494$ is a pretty nice deal. Bought it through MacMall, and got an extra 256 of ram (for 768 total), free epson printer, free carrying case, iWork, norton 9.0 etc etc...

I happier than a pig in **** right now. package should be in my hands tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for the advice/suggestions in my previous posts. You guys rock.
You lucky dog.

I ordered my powerbook (17") direct from Apple today. My shipping estimate is the eighteenth. You'll be all worn out with your new toy long before I even see mine.

Mark

faithfulanchor
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 10, 2005, 05:34 PM

You lucky Dog!
I ordered my 15 inch direct from apple yesterday and it's not set to ship until the 24th.
So I don't want to hear another word from you!

nikoz1200  (op)
Feb 13, 2005, 12:39 AM

Oh, and here's another word

Got it yesterday, and it's great. Im still learing the OS and getting my settings xfered from my other machines. Likin it lots so far.

Nick

Agent69
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2005, 09:34 AM

Congradulations nikoz1200. I hope that you enjoy your new purchase. And welcome to MacNN.
Agent69

Randman
Posting Junkie
Feb 15, 2005, 09:44 AM

Delete Norton. Don't use Norton! Search the many threads on Norton. That's why it's not made for the OSX anymore. Other than that, enjoy.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

legacyb4
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2005, 10:32 AM

Good purchase! I'm still chugging along with my 1Ghz baby but do wish that I had the funds right now to upgrade...
Macbook (Black) C2D/250GB/3GB | G5/1.6 250GBx2/2.0GB
Free Mobile Ringtone & Games Uploader | Flickr | Twitter

Voch
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2005, 10:42 AM

Congrats on your new toy. I agree about Norton...these folks convinced me that it's unnecessary on a Mac. I still run it on my PC, though...

Voch

tictactoe
Forum Regular
Feb 15, 2005, 01:35 PM

Congratulations, I'm sure you will love it

Jason25
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 15, 2005, 01:57 PM

Congrats! I just picked up my 12" superdrive last night from the apple store. Very awesome little notebook

kalani79
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 15, 2005, 02:03 PM

Won't an extra stick of 256 mb not do you any good? I thought the 12" was shipping with 256 mb built-in and a stick of 256 in the extra slot, bringing you up to the advertised 512 mb.

Hopefully Macmall meant that they were giving you an extra 256 mb in the form of a stick of 512 mb.

nagromme
Senior User
Feb 15, 2005, 05:22 PM

Congrats!

How's the screen on this compared to the previous 12" models? Any different?
nagromme

gss7881
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 15, 2005, 08:47 PM

Originally posted by nagromme:
Congrats!

How's the screen on this compared to the previous 12" models? Any different?
Hey guys I just ordered mine too, it should be here by the 17th. I have two questions. I checked on memory to buy outside apple and there is big difference. Kinsigton $339 vs memorytogo $236 for 1gig ... any suggestions? Is the memorytogo anygood?

The other question I have is about printer software. I have an HP psc2110 hanging out of a old PC somebody told me that there is a piece of software that makes it very easy to find printer ques on PC from a mac. I have not been able to find what this software is called. Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch

nagromme
Senior User
Feb 16, 2005, 05:23 PM

The two RAM sources I recommend:

http://eshop.macsales.com (aka OWC)
http://www.transintl.com

I know you can get super-cheap no-name RAM because I have some... but it went bad and I had to go through a lot of hassle, so I'll stick with the sources that have served me well for years. And which are much cheaper than Apple for sure!
nagromme

gss7881
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 16, 2005, 08:06 PM

Originally posted by nagromme:
The two RAM sources I recommend:

http://eshop.macsales.com (aka OWC)
http://www.transintl.com

I know you can get super-cheap no-name RAM because I have some... but it went bad and I had to go through a lot of hassle, so I'll stick with the sources that have served me well for years. And which are much cheaper than Apple for sure!
Negrome,

Thanks for the suggestion I am looking into it. How about my second question?

thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules