Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Need help reproducing a Safari bug

Need help reproducing a Safari bug
neilio
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 16, 2005, 05:56 PM

I think I found a bug that just started appearing in the 10.3.8 version of Safari, and could use some help. If you could take a moment to try and reproduce this, I'd be most appreciative.

1. Turn on "Full Keyboard Access" in the Keyboard prefpane of System Preferences.
2. Launch Safari.
3. Open the Safari preferences and turn on tabs.
4. You will need some kind of bookmarklet that opens a new, small window with form fields in it. Good ones to use are the del.icio.us posting window, or the Movable Type or Blogger Quickpost windows. If you don't use any of these services, any bookmarklet that creates a small, chromeless window that contains form fields should work.
5. Use the bookmarklet to spawn the window.
6. Tab forward (hit "tab") through the form fields in the new window. Then, use the SHIFT+tab key to tab backwards thorugh the form fields.

I get a crash every time I move backwards into a text input area. This was reproducible using these settings ona completely clean system (ie. no input managers or haxies installed).

If you can reproduce this crash, please reply to this post and I'll file a bug report with Apple.

Thanks!

Neil
Cocoatech Design / Marketing
Try Path Finder, the integrated, powerful file browser for Mac OS X for free!
http://www.cocoatech.com/pf.php

cpac
Professional Poster
Feb 16, 2005, 06:08 PM

Send it in to Apple.

(ps - since this is Safari-related, it belongs in the Applications forum, not the OS forum)
cpac

Forum Links
Forum Rules