Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > TrackPad Problems with PowerBooks (Early 2005)

TrackPad Problems with PowerBooks (Early 2005)
TailsToo
Mac Elite
Feb 19, 2005, 05:26 PM

I was just wondering if anyone is having problems with their TrackPads on their newer PowerBooks. (The Scrolling models)

There is a lot of press about problems, and I'm not really sure if my PB is affected. The track pad does seem to be slower than the one in my TI when it comes to horizontal scrolling, and somestimes there is a slight delay when I try and move the mouse if I have been typing for a bit without using it, but overall it's not too bad, just maybe a little annoying.

Is anyone having problems worse than this, or is this the problem?

Thanks!

duffyanneal
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 19, 2005, 06:09 PM

I'm on my second Rev C 15". The first one died (harddrive) and I had some issues with the trackpad and mouse button. The cursor motion was really slow and the pad was a bit unresponsive. The second PB seems to be working OK (still a little slow) and not sluggish the button works OK too. I still have an occasional hiccup when I try tapping somthing. Instead of selecting whatever I'm tapping the cursor jumps. It's a bit annoying. I'm sure that it's something that can be taken care of with a driver update.

There have been some reports where the trackpad becomes sluggish after sleeping. I didn't have that problem it was just sluggish all the time. Sounds like your trackpad is working normally.
( Last edited by duffyanneal; Mar 3, 2005 at 01:00 PM. )

lsfz88
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 3, 2005, 11:37 AM

hi
just bought a 12" PB last week and the trackpad is now unresponsive!
won;t work at all

yminoh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 3, 2005, 09:52 PM

Here is my experience I posted last week.

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...hreadid=247222

evilernie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 4, 2005, 01:12 PM

I just got my first powerbook, 15" 1.67, and I found the trackpad a bit slow for my liking. So I loaded Mouse Zoom, and all is well.

celebyte
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 4, 2005, 05:43 PM

Dropped off my rev-d pb12 at an Apple-authorized repair shop yesterday because of the worsening slow response from the trackpad, which I believe was due to static shocks. So either Apple can fix this problem (now I know I'm not alone) or I have to remember to touch some metal before touching the trackpad...

TailsToo  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2005, 11:30 PM

Originally posted by evilernie:
I just got my first powerbook, 15" 1.67, and I found the trackpad a bit slow for my liking. So I loaded Mouse Zoom, and all is well.
Anything bad at all with MouseZoom?

Forum Links
Forum Rules